Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately Chase has been bad news lol. He's teething and he's biting everything in site even our hands and ankles. We're trying to get him to stop with the nipping but its not helping. I've been redirecting him to toys but NOPE he'll rather US. Now he's attacking the furniture. He's been getting into a lot lately it seems to have happened over night.

He loves to jump in the bath tub when others are bathing. He opens the cabins and raids the trash can. We're basically hiding everything from our little monster.

Here's an pic of him playing nice.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes you have a beagle puppy!!! Ours did that for a while and bitter apple became our friend. I would spray on what they bit and they took off the other way. They didn't like the smell or taste. They eventually grew out of it, but its very trying going through it.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
How can a face like that be bad? Surely you must have him confused with somebody else. :biglaugh:

~Denise

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
How can a face like that be bad? Surely you must have him confused with somebody else. :biglaugh:

~Denise
Lol, I sometimes wish I did. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Well a friend of mine gave me some of the bitter apple and yea that doesn't work lol he doesn't mind the taste or smell.

·
Registered
250 Posts
diesel i think is the same age a chase...but he is doing the same thing... we have tried the water bottle and he has gotten used to that and the bitter apple does not work either... so normally if he tries to bite me i just give him a toy get up and walk away... ignore him for a few min until he calms down...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congratulations! You've got yourself a typical Beagle puppy. And an adorable one at that! God makes them that cute so we don't stay mad at them. There were times I wanted to throw Jersey off the balcony. All I can say is they do grow out of it. Jersey chewed so many things when she was a puppy...shoes, clothes, towels, blankets, pot holders, books, one of the wooden planks on my balcony, CD's, DVD's, pens....I could go on and on and on. Bitter Apple helped a little here, but after a while I think Jersey became immune to it. I kept my ironing board up for almost a year just to have a place that was high enough for us to keep stuff on without Jersey getting to it. I know that my neighbors used Cayenne pepper with their Boxer puppy. They said he chewed one shoe with some on it and never chewed anything ever again. You can buy the baby locks for the cabinets so he can't get in there. All of our garbage cans are still up off the floor (except the kitchen that's too tall for her to get into). She never did grow out of that habit.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Yes indeed, you have a normal healthy little Beagle puppy. We had 2 of those at once! Sadie and Pooh Bear, we got them togehter as puppies. I had to watch them every second. On Saturdays, in order to get any housework done, I had to put them in their pen. They chewed on the legs of furniture, speaker wires, anything left in their reach. I have pictures of our house when they were pups and everything is up high out of their reach.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Yes very normal, a normal beagle puppy, healthy and naughty and a live wire!!!

They do get better though!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
He has that same look on his face as Duke. Innocent and sweet, but we know what lurks beneath! LOL

The worst damage Duke has done is to an antique MidWest console stereo from 1950. It was in perfect condition until Duke got a hold of the top corner. It kills me every time I see it. I have to try to fix it now that he no longer has access to the room it's in.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Yes, just look at Charlie face :greendevil:
How can yours be so naughty.
Charlie is 2 years old still into furniture, not only sleeping on it but chew on it. I do not allow him on the sofa, but he insist.
Some say don't feed them with rawhide, that taste like leather, but Charlie hates rawhide. Try frozen kong stuff with goodies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts