Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am proud to let everyone know that I recently saved my poor Uber from a puppy mill. He's sooo ca-ute.. and he loves me very much as i do him. He gives me a reason to go home after a long day at the office. He's 9 1/2 weeks old.

He's teething soooo badly right now.. either that or he's trying to eat me alive! He especially likes to jump up and chew my pant legs when i walk. then he'll bite my ankles.. then after i say NO! he'll look at me with those droopy ears & eyes.. like waht did i do mama?

anyways... just wondering if all u other beagle lovers had(have) the same issues.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
and welcome to the pack!

Thank you for saving little Uber from the horrible puppy mill. He is at that age when they chew and bite and check limits. Keep on with disciplining him as you described. You can also use spray bottle/bitter apple/etc. to help with his biting.

browse a little and you'll find loads and loads of information and tips.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Bless you, bless you, bless you for saving little Uber from that puppy mill!

Eleanor gave you good advice. I second it. Be consistent. Check around, there are along of biting discussions. One pretty recent that I recall.

Glad you found BW.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome to you and Uber! Our three beagles were all adult rescues so I don't have any helpful hints for you - but there are lots of people here who have done the puppy thing so I'm sure you will get answers to all of your questions!

Oh, and we love pictures here - especially of teeny-tiny puppies!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome, welcome!! Yay for another one saved!! Can't wait to see pictures

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! I, also, have an adult rescue so won't be too much help in the puppy department but spend some time browsing in our discussion section and you'll find lots of help. We'll keep bugging you until you post some pics ...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the pack! Please post some pictures soon. Beagle puppies are just adorable! I know all about the teething puppy and I have many pairs of pants (and blankets, and sofas, and shoes...) that have been chewed. A good rule is this; if you don't want it eaten, keep it out of his reach. And Bitter Apple is great. Make sure he has lots of chewy toys. Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts