Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I adopted my Jersey girl! She was this tiny little thing and so scared. It was a Sunday at about 6 p.m. when I met the woman from the rescue to pick her up. We met in a parking lot halfway between my house and her's. I got there first and when she pulled in I heard this horrible crying coming from her car. I remember thinking "What did I get myself into!?". But as soon as I saw my girl, my heart melted. She was in her crate and cowering up against the back of it. She was so tiny. The woman said she didn't like riding in the car so she'd probably cry again on the way home, but five minutes after we left she was in her crate fast asleep. I had a few more "What did I get myself into!?" moments those first few months, but now it's all worked out. I've got a great companion and I love her more everyday.

Then...the first night I had her. I remmber that I kept thinking "she's so tiny!".

Now...taken a few weeks ago. She's all grown up now!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Happy adoption anniversary. I love the picture. She looks so alert and intelligent. She is a beautiful beagle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Happy Adoption Anniversary /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Jersey has grown from a super cute
bealge baby to a beautiful beagle
Jersey girl !!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Jen,

Thank you for telling that rescue story. I love hearing stories like that...because I know they have a happy ending.

Like Jersey, Henry was cowering up against the back of a crate in a truck that was three crates deep on both sides of a lab rescue transport truck. Knowing Henry like I do now, I can only imagine how scared he was for those two days on the way from Louisiana to Virginia.

When they took him out of the crate and put him in my arms, my first thought was how small and light he was. Then I cried because I was so happy to finally have him after a two week wait. (My profile picture captures the moment).

Congratulations Miss Jersey and Jen. You both hit the jackpot!

~Denise

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Happy Adoption Anniversary!!!
I love hearing these adoption stories, they melt my heart. :heart: You're a lucky girl Jersey!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Happy adoption anniversary day!!! Such a beautiful beagle and so lucky to get you. :bounce2:
Gingergoose, lovely to hear your story as well.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Happy Anniversary!!! Jersey was a beautiful puppy and is a gorgeous grown-up. A win-win situation for everyone! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Happy anniversary of the best day in your life Jersey. My Bagel wasn't cowering but as he sat on death row he put on his best take me attitude as we passed his cage. We were going to look at a blue healer for my friend in Fly-Ball, not a beagle so after we passed his cage, Bagel, unlike all the other dogs who were still trying to get our attention, just laid back down, resigned to his fate. That melted my heart, 9 and a half years later he still does. Jersey, hope you had a great A-Day.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone. So far we've had a pretty relaxing day. I was hoping to take her to the doggy bakery today to get her a cake, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow. I didn't konw I had to order in advance. I figured they'd have some already made up. She's getting steak for dinner tonight, she just doesn't know it yet. :rotatesmiley2:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by bob:
Happy anniversary of the best day in your life Jersey. My Bagel wasn't cowering but as he sat on death row he put on his best take me attitude as we passed his cage. We were going to look at a blue healer for my friend in Fly-Ball, not a beagle so after we passed his cage, Bagel, unlike all the other dogs who were still trying to get our attention, just laid back down, resigned to his fate. That melted my heart, 9 and a half years later he still does. Jersey, hope you had a great A-Day.
Bob,
Some people go for the bouncy, smiling dogs. Like you, I chose Henry because he looked so scared. Somebody had sent me a pic of him in his kennel( awaiting euthansia). I chose him becase he looked like he needed somebody to love him.
Glad you found the Bagel all those years ago.
~Denise

·
Registered
794 Posts
Happy Adoption Day, Jersey! She is so gorgeous! And she's a Cover girl this month, too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Awww, that's such a sweet story! Happy Adoption Anniversary to you and Jersey.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts