Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not quite two years. Sadie was nine weeks old when she came into our hearts in early December. But she was born two years ago today. The fact that the puppy we came home with that day was a Beagle was pure luck, but it didn’t take long to realize that in the future, I’ll need a really good reason to ever consider any other breed.
It’s been an adventure! All my past dogs were adults when we adopted them. Sadie was our first start-from-scratch, puppy. Obedience class was interesting… I remember thinking at the time, “I want a dog, not a robot.” (The instructor trained for obedience competition and was very strict.) No problem there. Sadie came out of it with her own free will firmly intact!
In two years, we’ve gone through... Out growing and jumping the baby gates in the kitchen, to having free run of the house. (and fenced back yard when someone’s home.) Potty training… Learning to be friends with, and not (always) chase the cats… (We're pretty sure that the smaller of the two cats is the boss when we aren’t looking, but we let Sadie pretend that she is.)
Two years of greeting us at the door when we come home. (Such enthusiasm!) Rides in the car... Rides in the boat… Going away with us on vacation… And a whole bunch of face licks, belly rubs, and snuggles!
Happy Birthday, Sade-a-bee! :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congrats!!!!! It seems that you are totally into Beags now, and you are right!!!
I hope you have many more wonderful years with Sadie....
:bounce:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Life can be so surreal. So much can happen in a few hours!
It’s a long story but, right after my original post, we went to my brother’s house where there happened to be a Jack Russell puppy that his neighbor asked him to find a home for. This puppy was born on my birthday, back in July and today is Sadie’s birthday! I know I just said I’m hooked on Beagles, but who can resist a puppy? Right now, she’s in Sadie’s travel crate for the night. The introduction went very well. Sadie seemed to instinctively know to be gentle. We’ll see how things go the rest of the weekend, and hope for a clean bill of health from the vet to make sure we aren’t in store for a heartbreak… Need to ask brother’s neighbor about shots, etc.
…Another sleepless night. No doubt.

Any Jack Russell people out there?

·
Registered
751 Posts
wow wow wow! Congrats on all accounts. It is amazing how these little creatures can wiggle their way into our hearts so quickly and completely. Good luck!
A friend of mine has a Jack and he is terrific. He is a terrier at heart. He is independent, smart, gets a long well with her son, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts