Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After today's experience, I think that the makers of "e-collars" should put a special warning on their products for beagle owners. Poor Chloe had her teeth cleaned today, and while she was knocked out, I had them remove three skin flares that were on here eyelid. As part of her recovery, she was supposed to wear the e-collar while unsupervised--BAD, BAD idea! As soon as I got it on her and calmed her down (it really scared her), her nose hit the ground. As soon as she would start walking, the e-collar would catch in the grass, Chloe would get startled and start flopping around like a fish out of water. So for now wer'e going with plan "B"-- which is keep an eye on Chloe and hope she does'nt try to scratch her eye. Then I'll have no choice but to put it back. Her vet by the way did an outstanding job removing the skin flares, as you can hardly tell where they were. :happyhappy:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Having just had Li'l Girl in an "E" collar, I know what you're saying. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif She didn't wander outside much while wearing it, but it took her awhile to get up and down the porch steps, without tripping, and watching her try to sniff was both funny and sad.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOOD NEWS!! Chloe is being the perfect angel and hasn't really messed with her incision. Her teeth must have really been bothering her, because she is much, MUCH happier now. Just have to get her used to the Oravet treatments every two weeks!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by threedognight:
GOOD NEWS!! Chloe is being the perfect angel and hasn't really messed with her incision. Her teeth must have really been bothering her, because she is much, MUCH happier now. Just have to get her used to the Oravet treatments every two weeks!
Chloe has such a good daddy!! You be a good girl Chloe so you don't have to wear that awful collar again....
:heart:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts