Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working up stairs and OH was down stairs looking after the kids. I came down and OH went to hang out washing. Suddenly she came running back in shouting Willow and Rasha were missing and the back gate was open.

Our first thoughts were that they had been dognapped. OH ran out to the street which is a quiet road and shouted them a couple of times and nothing happened then she shouted some more and Willow came running back a few seconds later Rasha followed. Both were un-harmed.

We do not know how they got out as there is a bar on the other side of the gate to stop the beags opening it on their own. OH said that she heard a bang whilst I was upstairs and thought I had dropped something, that bang must of been the gate banging against the wall. This meant that the beags had been on the street for a good five mins before we noticed that they had escaped.

Where was Bonnie during all this episode, sitting in the garden sunning herself. Its a good job our beags have good recall as they might have been alot harder to get back home.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm so glad that they were safe!! How did you train them to have such great recall?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thank goodness Willow and Rasha know how wonderful their home is!
These subject lines always make me so nervous. Hope your blood pressure is back to normal!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad the Beags came back as soon as they were called! I'd have been scared to death. Luckily, Jersey's SA keeps her nice and close to her mommy and daddy, even when she has gotten out.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Guess what, mom is not here, let's hang out....Willow and Rasha adventure.
Told you mom will find out.
Glad they are fine, glad you catch on earlier.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Recall training is a Godsend. I'm glad to hear all are home safe. Is there a way to pin the bar down, like with a small beener? Thats what we use to lock our gate closed.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally Posted By: Joe BeaglesRecall training is a Godsend. I'm glad to hear all are home safe. Is there a way to pin the bar down, like with a small beener? Thats what we use to lock our gate closed.
Thats a good idea. Its a double wrought iron gate that goes accross the driveway. I'm sure I could make something to keep the bar in place. We have had the gates for 12 years and this is the first time that the dogs have managed to get it open.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am so glad to hear the good ending to your story! Glad everyone is o.k.!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally Posted By: Toby & LuckyI am so glad to hear the good ending to your story! Glad everyone is o.k.!
We put in alot of hours training for our dog agility. We train recall from when they are first able to go out, its important that you train recall when your pup is young and insecure. Once they get a mind of their own you will have a far bigger job recalling them. We trained bonnie to recall to a whistle and the rest have learnt from her

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.