Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know who's more anxious to get rid of the cone, Bodie or us! Holly and I are tired (and sore) from getting that thing jammed into our shins. And for Bodie, well let's just say if there was ever an example for the saying a bull in a china shop it's him. He's a fricken disaster with this thing on.

If it wasn't for the sutures on his dewclaws I would of already taken it off. But I don't want him yanking them out and opening up the incision. So come Friday he'll be liberated from this contraption followed by a much needed bath. Man does he stink!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh I guess that is another advantage to having the dewclaws done at birth...no sutures required.

I'm glad to know that he is ready to have this collar removed. I am proud of you for having lasted as long as you did. I think it is the owner that gets tired of it faster than the dog in most cases. lol

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I've found they adjust pretty quickly to cones - as Donna said, probably a lot better than humans do. When my keeshond was spayed (in 1987), she chewed her stitches, so had to wear a cone - then she SCRATCHED them with her back feet - so the vet hobbled her (wrapping both legs in adhesive tape with just enough room between for her to walk, but not to scratch). She was one pathetic looking keeshond. I felt sooooo sorry for her. I had my share of bruised shins, too. Glad he's doing well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
lol he looks so sad, so glad my dog didnt have to wear a cone after being spayed. I would have been laughing these last 3 days lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
there was a dog here that had to wear one for a while. it is still reffered to as that funnel-headed dog to this very day.

·
Registered
400 Posts
How's Bodie doing? I'm sure he's running around like nothing happened already

1 - 8 of 8 Posts