Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Dixie has had a bout with diarrhea last night and this morning she threw up her dog food. But she is drinking water, and she did eat a egg and hasn't threw it up. but she still has the diarrhea so i gave her alittle bit of pepto bismol and she is playing and running back and forth.

Hopefully she gets better.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
As long as she is drinking water, and is alert, she will be fine. Just watch her behavior. If you see anything suspicious, go to the vet.
Have you changed her food?
My guess is that she will be fine by tomorrow, it happens to them sometimes.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Some baby beagles have sensitive tummies. Our Bocephus would get sick with vomiting and diarrhea every time he ate something different. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I remember giving him pepto bismo and making him drink by putting water down his throat with a syringe. Even though he'd been vaccinated for Parvo, I worried because he was so sick. The next day he was fine, but he never did outgrow his lactose intolerance.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i got good news!

She has been playing all day, eating, and drinking water.

Also we just passed a solid stool so we are doing good!

I thinking it was something she ate, and i didn't see her eat it. She has this habit of eating other dogs poop. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Either way i will keep my eye out for anything odd. but for now she is doing good!

thanks for ya'lls concern!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts