Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Georgia had this tuff of fur sticking out on the bottom near her tail I went over to check it out & when I starting looking at it A lot of fur fell out so I started pinching & got a bunch in between my fingers what would cause fur to come out in clumps like this? it was only in the one spot that I have seen so far but I mean a lot came out there is no bauld spot but it was a lot of fur so much so that I had to vacumme the couch & give her a bath
thoughts?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hmmm just some of my thoughts:

-did she get bit by something?
-is it in a spot that gets rubbed by something she walks near or lays on?
-allergic reaction to something?

How does the skin look underneath the fur in that area?
If there is no obvious redness or swelling and no bald spot I don't think I would worry too much. If hair keeps clumping out there I might become more concerned.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My boxer/lab does this in certain spots on her body when she 'sheds'. I can sit there and pinch chunks of fur off of her, and no bald spot ever appears. Look at the floor, and you have a whole other dog there! Unless there appears to be skin irritation, I wouldn't worry about, just a little shedding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.