Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is June my Beagle, I have been taking her to the gun club so she gets used to loud noises, We sit an the grass and eat lunch while others are shooting trap, and hand gun fire going on in the background, All the while I feed her tidbits of food, She now has no fear of any loud noises, Now If I can just get her to look down the sights of the shotgun, and figure out how to pull the trigger.

Peter and Junie.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Goober was the perfect hunting companion,& Homer was a promising
entry ...but without his mentor...Homer the huge is a total wuss
without his seniour beag @ his side!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not the gun so much, but the fact that she is sitting up and I am asking her to stay,,,,,,,,,, The pic always makes me laugh! Thought i'de share!
PB

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Re: Trying to teach my Beagle to hunt ! ? ! ???

Originally Posted By: BeagleBabeI can see the headlines now

"BEAGLE SHOOTS OWNER"
I seem to remember a story recently about a dog, lab, I think, accidentally shooting its owner. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif

Cute picture!

·
Registered
614 Posts

I took Dixie when she was real young, like 2 months old. and we went out to the field and i unloaded 2 boxes of shotgun shells. She didn't really flinch of course i had her leash tied around my waist.

Then i took her deer hunting and when i shot the deer she just looked at me didn't say anything.

If you start young it's easier for them.

Also train them to be quit during deer hunting is a challenge but so far Dixie has been good.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts

It's more common than you would think...just a couple news briefs I found:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html
http://cbs11tv.com/pets/tracking.dog.hunting.2.625493.html
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=animals_oddities&id=5735041

Originally Posted By: Sandyj
Originally Posted By: BeagleBabeI can see the headlines now

"BEAGLE SHOOTS OWNER"
I seem to remember a story recently about a dog, lab, I think, accidentally shooting its owner. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif

Cute picture!

·
Registered
614 Posts

All three of those story are not the dog fault, it's the owners fault.

They did not follow the rules of owning a gun. Keep the gun barrel pointed away from everything you do not intend to shot, and put your guns up, unloaded, when it is not being used. Never leave a loaded gun unattended. Also if you have a pistol keep it in a holster when not being used.

Keeping a pistol on top of the night stand is fricken retarded!! I keep mine in the holster loaded in the first draw of the night stand pointing away from the bed!

Don't blame the dog, blame the owner.

·
Registered
110 Posts

What a great picture! Haha if I put Maggie like that I am sure she would make the same face! Love it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts