Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jersey spent the day throwing up. I got a call from day care that she'd thrown up 3 times so Mike went and got her. When he picked her up he said she was obviously hurting and uncomfortable and so I came home. Whenever I touched her belly she groaned like it hurt her. I had called the vet before I left work but they couldn't get us in for 4 hours. When I asked the girl (newbie!) what I should do if I felt she needed to be seen before then, I got this answer..."Well, like if you think she's dying or something you can bring her in after 3". :angryfire: That's when I stopped being nice and told her that after bringing my dogs to them for over 15 years I wasn't going to wait three hours if I thought my dog needed medical attention before then! Not a happy girl.

Long story short, after throwing up all day, she was fine when we got to the vet. I think she may have had gas and that's why her tummy hurt. I was really worried. She was shivering and shaking when I was lying with her. She finally fell asleep and napped for the few hours before we left and was feeling much better when we got there. They did blood work (get the test results tomorrow) but otherwise, she didn't have any of the problems I'd been having with her all afternoon. It figures. $190 later and I have no idea what was wrong with her.

I did make treats for her last night. I had opened a can of pumpkin on Friday and used it to make the treats yesterday. Could it have gone bad? My sense of smell has been off lately, so it's hard for me to tell if something smells bad. Everything smells bad to me lately. It said I could leave it in the fridge for 7 days and that was only 4-5. They said if she had food poisoning it would be coming out both ends and she was only vomiting. I did find out that another dog at day care had been vomiting as well. Could it just be a virus? I guess I'll know tomorrow!

She ate some chicken and rice for dinner and it seems to be staying down. They gave her a shot and some meds to settle her tummy. So far, so good!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm glad that Jersey is feeling better, but isn't it strange how they always seem to improve by the time we get them to the vet! :grr:

If you had the pumpkin refrigerated in something other than the original can, I wouldn't think that it'd have gone bad in the time frame you mentioned.

I hope the test results are good. Give Jersey a gentle tummy rub for me.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Better safe than sorry!! Glad she is doing well now. Did the vet say anything about an extra treat and snuggles?? :heart:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts