Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently got Bodie a Tricky Treat Ball. He kept knocking his food bowl over during the day. And this is a great way to make him work for his food and minimize boredom during the day when no one is home.

It holds about a cup in a half of dry dog food. He loves it and it has quickly become one of his favorite toys. Plus it feeds him too! At dinner time he still gets his food in a bowl.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751743

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I got Maggie one of these. I thought it would be great for keeping her busy. She ate through it in no time. The only treat holding toy she has not eaten through so far is her Kong. I think it would be wonderful for a dog that actually worked to get the treats out but Maggie has one strategy and that is to eat a hole in everything.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's funny. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for that. It never occurred to me that eating through the ball would be possible. I just assumed they would make it strong enough that a dog couldn't do that. I know they make one that's like a big cube. If this one doesn't work I might try that. And at $17 I'm going to keep my receipt in case he does destroy it and take it back.

·
Registered
Lady the great old hound dog
35 Posts
Yep I tried kong with another dog I once knew, and I put peanut butter in it, (he liked peanut butter if he could lick it off your finger) but he wasn't interested at all. Maybe because it was impossible to chew through. LOL. 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts