Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have thus far taught Rosie my pretty, little, 10-year-old rescue beagle: sit, stay, place, go to bed, and good walking manners. I cannot, however, decide what to teach her next. I tried lie down a few months ago but that did not work out too well; she is very smart and picks things up quickly, but for some reason she's just not getting that one, so I am going to take a break and work on that again in the spring. In the meantime, I want to teach her something new, but I can't figure out what. So, my solution is to put it to a vote. The last thing I taught her was stay, which took all of twenty minutes. We have been reviewing it for the past couple of weeks and she has it down. So, voting, if anyone has any ideas?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Once she's got down, place (a mat or bed where she goes to lie down) is great. I did tricks class with Agis, you can teach her to put her paws up on a high item (we have cat stairs), crawl, and spin - I also taught him to weave between my legs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow, I am impressed - she does all that at 10 years old!! My girl never did tricks. We got sit initially but then she learned I would say down right after sit. So she would lie down on the sit command (common mom, get it over with and give me that treat). Her whole life sit meant down. While I could never get her to stay for very long, I was able to train her not to door dash, nuisance bark, and wait for me to go outside first. I've been researching for my next dog, here's a link to some things I found:
Font Electric blue Rectangle Brand Logo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts