Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its that time of year again. Next weekend, we are taking Summer & Murphy on the Maryland Lighthouse Challenge. We will be visiting 11 lighthouses & 1 Lightship, driving over 600 miles (~1000 km) in two days.

Schedule:

- Friday - Murphy's Adoption Day!
- Walk/shop around Baltimore Inner Harbor
- Stay overnight at Sheraton Inner Harbor

Saturday
- Seven Foot Knoll Light - Baltimore
- Chesapeake Lightship - Baltimore, next to Seven Foot Knoll
- Fort Washington Light - Ft. Washington National park
- Drum Point - Calvert
- Cove Point Lights - Solomons (by bus from Drum Point only)
(dogs not allowed on the bus from Drum Pt. to Cove Pt., but we have special permission to follow the bus in our car)
- Piney Point Light - Piney Point
- Point Lookout Light - Pt. Lookout State Park
(dogs can't leave car, Light is on bird sanctuary in a state park)
- Sandy Point Shoal Light - Sandy Point State Park (light is out in the bay and can be seen from the beach in the park)

- Stay overnight at Tilghman Island Inn
(Summer & Murphy can go in the bar too, that is where we are having dinner. That should be interesting.)

Sunday
- Hooper Strait Light - St. Michaels
- Turkey Point Light - Elk Neck State Park
(a shuttle ride w/special permission and a mile hike through trails to the light)
- Concord Point Light - Havre de Grace

Then home. These will be two VERY tired beagles. I'll try and take some photos.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I can't wait to hear how dinner will go on Saturday with the Beags at the bar!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sounds like fun and how awesome that Murphy & Summer get to be involved too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories. I want to know all about dinner with the beagles!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A trip in honor of Murphy's adoption day. Lucky dog! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Sounds like a great time. Be safe and have fun.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a great trip. I'll be in North Carolina starting next weekend and I can't wait to go see the lighthouses there. I've got tons of pictures of Hatteras and Bodie Island, but I'll take a bunch more again this time. A weekend with Beagles and lighthouses...sounds like a great time to me!

And have a Happy AA Murphy.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Have a great trip, are Murphy and Summer good travellers? Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing your photos.
We are also off on a tour next week. To France and Spain in our camper-car, duration of about 6 weeks. Taking loads of spare bedding for the hounds incase Susi gets up to her usual tricks.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
that sounds exciting !!! Have a great time and Happy Adoption Annivery to you Murphy !!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, sounds like a lot of fun! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Can't wait to see tons of pictures /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
139 Posts
And Happy Adoption Day Murphy!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds like fun-can't wait for pics of course and details! Would LOVE to take a trip with my beags too!
Judi and the gang

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a great trip, Joe and a super way to celebrate Murphy's AA Day! Have a great time and we will all look forward to pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts