Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Snoopy has just been fixed and is 6 months old. I want to do training and was wondering what suggestions you guys might have. I am mainly looking at doing training at PetSmart. Has anyone done the training there? Did you like it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We did the Puppy class at Petsmart when Bodie was 8 weeks old. It gave us a great head-start. At 9 months, we're now taking the intermediate class at Petsmart too. Bodie needed more time to mature and work before we felt he was ready for the next class.

I know some people are training snobs and don't think very highly of the Petsmart training. I think a lot of it has to do with the trainer you get. We're using the same guy for the second class and he's pretty good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the Petco training and I loved it. I did the Puppy class with Colby and the Intermediate class. And in the next few weeks he'll get his AKC Good Citizen certification from them and then we are going to go through their therapy dog class.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally Posted By: Mel14I did the Petco training and I loved it. I did the Puppy class with Colby and the Intermediate class. And in the next few weeks he'll get his AKC Good Citizen certification from them and then we are going to go through their therapy dog class.
That's our plan with Bodie too. My wife is a Speech Therapist and we're going to eventually train Bodie to be a therapy dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts