Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello anyone has suggestion for training... Im trying but he listens when he wants to... is that really being a beagle and he also fights was my beagle pug mix maxwell is happens to be a great dog

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
How old is your pup? Are you sure they are really fighting, or are they play wrestling? Do you have a PetSmart nearby? They offer great training classes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
andy was born dec 12 and maxie may 15.... i know when andy growls that means his not playing.... yes i have a pet smart nere they know andy and maxwell

·
Registered
443 Posts

Let's see - is not listening except when he wants a Beagle thing? Most definitely - believe me, with two Beagles that I have had since they were 8 weeks, definitely normal and definitely a Beagle thing. As for the growling - I need to get a video of Shiloh and Shasta playing tug - you would think Shiloh is raving mad and going to attack Shasta at any moment.

And Petsmart for training - I'd use it - both of mine have been through different levels of obedience training. Besides the obedience stuff the pup learns - it is also a great place to learn socialization skills and becoming accustomed to different sights and sounds. Bak to work I go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts