Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking up my pup April 9th and I live in an apartment. I will be able to come back home one or two times in between the morning and late afternoon, so he'll get plenty of walks to enable him to 'go'. However, I'm thinking I should get pads just in case when I supervise him out of his crate. I much rather him pee on the pads instead of the carpet.

I am wondering if it is hard to wean them off of the pads? I know they kind of encourage the puppy to pee on the house which I think is bad, however I think I'd prefer that then him going on the floors.

·
Registered
519 Posts
my parents used the pads for their new puppy that they got in December. They worked well. They kept the pad by the door to the outside. He now will start to whine to go outside to go potty. So, they worked well for them.
Good luck :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My friend had great success with the puppy pads, but I didn't try them with Maggie because she eats anything remotely resembling paper. She would have ripped them to shreds in minutes. We were lucky to have my dad who came every day to visit Maggie and let her out to play for at least an hour. Now that my husband is retired and working from home, my dad still comes at least every other day to play. Good luck with your puppy. You must be getting very excited as the time gets closer.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
I used the pads with Phoebe(she is now 6 mos) for about three weeks. I took her out often, so the pads were for "just in case", when she was in her indoor pen. She is pretty reliable at 6 mos at letting me know when she needs to go out.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Puppy pads were lifesavers for us since we always seemed to have our new pup during winter -too cold outside for tender paws. Didn't have any problems with them getting torn up but they do make a plastic form to go around the pads should that be an issue. We also didn't have much of a problem transitioning from indoor pads to outside, but did have a funny situation. When Hayley was little and it got warmer, I took her pad outside to give her an idea what I wanted her to do. She really had to pee but wasn't keen on this new procedure. Her beagle mind solved her problem. She picked up her pad, ran inside and set it on the floor and proceeded to pee!!! She eventually got it right!!! Julie

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I think you should probably get a few and try them and see how your pup does with them.

We had 2 puppies at once, Sadie and Pooh Bear were babies together. We didn't do very well with the pads because they would play tug of war with them and then shred them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts