Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to train Razer not to bit,
He bits so bad that my lag is all bit up in long bit marks,
He just dives at your lags with his front teeth, And bit the crap out of you, and everything i try is not working. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif And it is painful to.

Anyhelp would be really great.

Ohh and how long does it take for them to loss them razer blades anyways? :biglaugh:

P.s I have no clue what i am doing when it come to anything with a dog,

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Make sure Razer has lots of puppy things that it is Ok to chew on. When Maggie got through the teething stage it made a big difference but there was still some jumping up and biting at my arms and tugging on the sleeves of my clothes. I used a spray bottle with cold water. It only took a couple of sprays and then all I had to do was reach for the bottle or say the word bottle. I tried a lot of other stuff first, like saying ouch loudly,turning away from her, leaving the room for a minute. The spray bottle was the only thing that worked for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh well he got toys and bones. we play with him all the time, but he seams to only bit me. and pretty bad, but if i have to i will try the spray, but i have noticed he kinda likes cold water when my grass gets wet.

but thanks for the help

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Ash:
ohh well he got toys and bones. we play with him all the time, but he seams to only bit me. and pretty bad, but if i have to i will try the spray, but i have noticed he kinda likes cold water when my grass gets wet.

but thanks for the help
The spray workedd for me also and most beagles do like water but water in the face is not a good thing to a beagle. I went to local Dollar Store and bought about 3 spray bottles that spray a fine mist of water. My arms looked like your legs do! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif People probably thoght I had my arms in meat grinder . /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif She time Shiloh bit I reach for bottle and squirt mist in his face. Beagles don't like that ! But make sure just fine mist because beagles get ear infections real easy so don't soak his ears . Before long he will start to relate to "bite--water in the face ;don't bite--no water". Pretty so just a glance or a movement towards a bottle--no bite . Beagles like to play rough and mouthing is their way to play. Water botttle did the trick! :thumbup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I visited one of the on-line pet stores(Foster & Smith)and purchased a jar of pads that I use to clean his ears with. When playing in wet grass or water their ears tend to get wet sometime. You can also by drops for dogs that are good to prevent infections.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stanly does the same he turns in to a complete nutter if he gets to excited. He really goes for it arms legs and face which is the most worrying.
We are using a spray bottle too. It’s hard the first few times because they look at you with those eyes and make you feel guilty but after a while its fine and its working for us.

Good Luck

·
Registered
135 Posts
OK..
Does he bite when he gets excited or is he mad?
If he is excited then bites you tell him "NO" then take him by the collar and walk him to his crate if he has one and put him in there and ignore him for about a minute or tie his leash somewhere secure and put him on it for a minute until he calms down! This might sound mean but it should work!
If he is mad when he bites than you need to stop playing with him like that!
:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts