Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enrolled Caesar in a begginer tracking class. It's being taught by our usual trainer and she suggested that I bring Caesar because she figures he'll be good at it. I know he'll be good at it...he already tracks things when we're out on our walks but I'm interested to see how she'll teach them. Has anyone ever taken a tracking class? It starts on July 5th at 8:30 am
. I'll let you all know how it goes and I'll try to take some pictures. I wonder how many beagles will be in this class???

·
Registered
181 Posts
That sounds like fun. Give us an update on how you both like it.

When we went to obedience classes, the trainer suggested that we enrol Ben in tracking. We never did, but have always thought about it.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Sadie could teach this class. She is tracking a scent in the back yard about every other morning.

During your classes if you find out how to stop them from barking and baying on a scent let me know. Sadie will sometimes run and sniff and bark and follow a scent around and around the yard for hours and hours.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Originally Posted By: Mom of 2 BeaglesSadie could teach this class. She is tracking a scent in the back yard about every other morning.

During your classes if you find out how to stop them from barking and baying on a scent let me know. Sadie will sometimes run and sniff and bark and follow a scent around and around the yard for hours and hours.
i think thats how it should be, at all derby events the beagls bark and bay as they scent. they dont keep quiet as far as i've seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts