Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toys?

What are some toys that your beagle(s) like to play with? I want to find some small toys just for Buck and was curious what yours like.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Re: Toys?

Maggie likes anything that she can de-stuff, so I shop at PedEdge.com and can buy her lot's of small stuffed animals at a very reasonable price. She also likes tug toys, balls, and nylabones.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Anything that looks like a real animal- Totti destroys every kind of stuffed toy, but we found that the AKC toys such as a beaver, rabbit (very small in size, perfect for what you're looking for), deer, etc. can resist being destroyed. The rabbit would probably be the best small toy that he has.

http://www.petco.com/product/102587/AKC-Rabbit-Dog-Toy-.aspx

·
Registered
140 Posts

Beanie really likes furry toys, such as the ones Totti mentioned, and also balls. Often times, she will carry her furry toy in her mouth, and try to push the balls back to her crate with her paws! It's really adorable, and it keeps her occupied for periods of time up to half an hour!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

Maggie likes anything with a squeaker that she can unstuff. After she unstuffs a toy she plays with the empty shell for quite a while. She has a ball that makes animal sounds when she pushes it around and she sometimes chases that and growls at it.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Tennis balls. I found some smaller ones I bought too. But Josie loves balls. She'll walk around all day with the ball in her mouth. Charlie wants whatever Josie has.

·
Registered
400 Posts

squeaky balls! but, be forewarned about the noise if you work at home--I have to constantly be on mute during conference calls for fear of random squeaks.

Also, they love nylabones, flavored ropes, and each other

·
Registered
72 Posts

I bought one of those tuff toys the other day. Supposedly it was rated 7 out of 10 for tuffness and was suppose to be really hard to destroy.

Buddy destroyed it 15 minutes. All stuffing out and squeakers out.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

I get the tuff toys that are 9/10 for toughness, and while they don't last a terribly long time, they do hold out a little bit longer. I make sure those toys stay outside the crate so the dogs don't have their total crate time to work on them. The super tough, canvas, bazillion times stitched cloth toys are expensive, so you might just go with the more durable options like the aforementioned Kongs, Nylabones, and bones that they love just as much.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts

The only things ours enjoy are the cardboard rolls of a used up loo paper roll. They tear it up in seconds. they have no interest in toys as such, being ex research dogs.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Originally Posted By: A doghouseThe only things ours enjoy are the cardboard rolls of a used up loo paper roll. They tear it up in seconds. they have no interest in toys as such, being ex research dogs.
Totti will take empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls over anything!!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts

When Shiloh was a puppy she really liked stuffed animals--loved to shake them--and soft toys with squeakies in them--she loved to hold them in her mouth and run so that they would squeak while she ran!!
She never much cared for rubber toys: balls and kongs and such. Then as she got older she began to prefer edible toys--chewies and such. Now that she is an older lady the only thing she plays with is her food!

·
Registered
127 Posts

When Snoopy was younger she loved anything--ropes, balls, tug toys. Now she only shows interest in stuffed toys. And they must have a squeaker. She loves to unstuff them. I mend them. She unstuffs them. You get the picture. But her all time favorite is a stuffed frog that she has had for a very long time. That is one toy she doesn't try to unstuff.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Moosie's absolutely favourite toy ever is a plush tree trunk with holes in it and gets stuffed with squirrels (that look more like chipmunks) that the dogs then pull out through the holes. Each squirrel has a squeaker and Moosie will play with them for hours - running around with them, eventually licking their bellies, and then finally killing them. You can also buy replacement squirrels in packs of three and for Christmas Moosie then gets a big box of replacement squirrels!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jack loves any toy that has a squeaker in it. He loves to chase tennis balls outside and his favorite treat is dried tendons.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Make sure your dog doesn't eat too many that blocks the intestines. Hard rubber or other types that dont break down are safest. My dog loved dear antlers but I believe they caused cracks in the rear lower molars..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts