Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so we've done the sock thing, the kong thing (yes it can be destroyed), the ropes, the dickies, you name it, I think we have tried it.....so with this destructo Casie, I am looking for ideas for him to chew on that aren't ---- I repeat aren't plastic. He tears apart stuffed toys to get to the squeaker...that's cool...and then pulls out all the stuffing. He has torn apart tennis balls...and even a baseball.HELP!

Cathy
Mother of destructo dog!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally Posted By: DaisysMomI have not tried these, but they look promising

http://www.k9ballistics.com/shop/cart.ph...CFQKfnAodsQKtCg
I am not sure that these are the exact ones that they were carrying for awhile at Pet Smart or not. They were advertised as being indestructible by a pack of wolves.
Yeah right. That took my pup about 5 minutes to prove that he is more destructible than a pack of wolves then.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yeah, I tried those ballistic toys, Jersey destroyed them in no time. Jersey was destructo dog when she was a puppy and could manage to de-stuf a toy in no time flat. Joe of Joe and Vinny suggested a hockey puck. I never got one though.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of toys that have survived Spook which is no easy task. The duckie and frog came in a package of tub toys from Dollar Tree. I'm sorry to say I don't remember where the ball came from. The monster looking toy was a gift so I don't know where it came from either, but I remember that at one time someone else said their pup had one like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Luigi has done the same thing: destroyed every toy except his rubber kong. I'll have to check out dollar trees toys. Certainly cheaper than the 12 dollar blue kong wubba x-mas gift he destroyed in five seconds flat...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
For those with dogs who destroy their toys in minutes I suggest Pet Edge. They sell toys so cheap. The ones my local pet shop sells for $7-8 I can get from them for $2 or so. Plus they have lots of other things too...collars, leashes, clothes, shampoos, etc.

Pet Edge

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give both sites a look. Mr. Destructo manages to eat anything plastic and after spending $1000 to get that plastic out of his stomach, I'm not sure I can afford to put another plastic toy in front of him. He loves the tv remote control --- not a good thing; and my son's rubber boots; and pens. I know it's party a phase and attention getting thing....but good grief...did Snoopy, Charlie Brown's dog chew like this?

Cathy

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I agree with Jen about PetEdge. I shop exclusively with them because their prices are SO MUCH cheaper than even Walmart or Target, so I don't feel so bad about her destroying her toys almost immediately. Many toys are only $1 or $2.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In the five weeks that I have had Colby he has managed to tear apart all of his toys except his kong and this rubber tire toy. The latter of which should not be played with in the house. Trust me. ;-) He will actually concentrate on one spot of the toy so that he can destroy it. He isn't happy till all the stuffing is out or the rubber toy is in a million pieces. I did just recently go out and purchase a semi-stuff toy that is made by the makers of the Kong toys and so far the toy has lasted 2 days which is a record so maybe that is a toy that is worth a shot. Course within 5 minutes he figured out how to get the velcro apart to get to where the squeaker is located but that is as far as he has gotton.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am curious how many ppl order over 60 dollars worth of stuff at a time from pet edge. I know I won't be doing that, and yet there's that 7 dollar processing fee if i don't order a minimum of 60 dollars worth of stuff. I don't have 60 bucks to blow on pet toys. Heck I don't even have 20...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Luigi88I am curious how many ppl order over 60 dollars worth of stuff at a time from pet edge.
Do you have a friend or family member that you can go in on an order with? I do that sometimes if I don't have $60 worth of stuff to buy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jersey
Originally Posted By: Luigi88I am curious how many ppl order over 60 dollars worth of stuff at a time from pet edge.
Do you have a friend or family member that you can go in on an order with? I do that sometimes if I don't have $60 worth of stuff to buy.
I'm joining Jen on that one.
I also made a small calculation, compared to a relatively normal priced store around here, and even with the processing fee, it's cheaper.
Now, you don't need to order once a month. At first I did every 3-4 months, smaller orders. Now I order every 5-7 months and the orders are bigger, cover the $60 and sometimes I also include stuff for friend's dogs.
I'll tell you more, stuff for dogs in Israel are pretty expensive and I found myself (more than once) make orders only for friends there, and sending the stuff with other friends that are going back. Yes, it's that cheap!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jersey
No, no friends like that. I think what I'll do is buy those dollar tub toys, then visit goodwill to see if they have any cheap stuffed animals. Luigi loves those, and being cheap, I don't mind him destuffing them.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We buy stuffed toys at Goodwill all the time. Last time we got some, it cost us around $1.00 for a great big bagful. Our two boys destuff things at warp speed, so we can't pay much for their stuffed toys.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I agree, even with the processing fee, PetEdge is still WAY cheaper than anywhere else. I usually order about every 6-8 weeks, and spend anywhere from $40-60. WAY worth it to keep Maggie from chewing on the furniture and anything else she so desires! LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe I'm playing with fire with this but I almost wish Oreo had a little bit of a chewing instinct. He has been completely uninterested in any non-food-based toy. But I guess missing a few teeth combined with his age (6+) and relative shyness (do I own a beagle?) means that he isn't interested in anything that isn't food. I bought him a new Kong toy for Christmas but the chewing ropes and stufft toys I bought when I first adopted him back in July just sit gathering dust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts