Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe went through 2 black kongs, but that took her a few months.... after a few hours with the red one. She loves!!!!!!! balls (tennis size) and anything that is a little strong and squeeky!

I agree with magnoliablossom's vet about the ropes. It's really bad for the chewers because they tear the rope to little pieces and it turns to small "hair balls" like chunks which they love to swallow - BAD!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey is a big chewer too. We had good luck with the black Kongs, but she still could pull pieces off. Nylabones hold up well for Jersey too. She has a couple of big bones and a couple of the dinosaurs. She chews on the dinosaurs a lot. For stuffed toys, I buy them in bulk from www.petedge.com. It's a website & catalog meant for pet shops/groomers, etc. but you can buy as an individual as well. The shipping is kind of expensive, but if you spend over $60, it's a little bit cheaper. I'd say, shipping included, the average toy is around $1.75. But these are nice size toys that you'd pay $5 or more for in a store. When Jersey destroys them I don't care quite so much. We tried one of the Orca chew toys, but that lasted all of about 2 minutes. Sometimes I would get crafty and sew the squeeker and the stuffing back into the stuffed toys that Jersey had ripped open and let her go at it again. Jersey did well with ropes toys. I'm very fortunate in that she usually doesn't swallow the pieces that she rips off. I also give her sow ears made by Merrick. They are about $2 each but last a long time. How old is Homer? Is he teething? Jersey's tendency to destroy things slowed down after she stopped teething.

OK, I'm done now. Sorry to ramble on so much. I think I've tried about every toy out there though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts