Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts

The things they do to get us to buy their products!!! Totti would have destroyed that thing too! Only toys proven to be destroy-proof from Totti are these AKC toys. The most he'll do is de-fur them and make them bald!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will say, it took Buddy about 2 weeks. He sat there one night couldnt do any damage. Then left it lone for a week. Went back at it then got bored again. This morning he decided to finish it off.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm thinking they mean it's tough for playing...not for chewing.

Maybe?
Goofs...

·
Registered
400 Posts
LOL.

It's not even that our beagles are super rough with these toys. They've just got a great ability to take them apart with surgical precision.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Atta boy BUDDY!!!

the ONLY toy that was store bought that the beagles have not destroyed are the Kong products and one small rubber Tire.

even had this one that was a piece of real industrial fire hose, that lasted 2 days.
what was funny was i was in a pet store and a guy was asking the clerk about a toy for his pit, the clerk directed him to this fire hose toy, i kept my mouth shut til the guy left, and said obviously pit bulls dont chew as hard as beagles he looked at me funny and i testified about my beags destroying one, he honestly didnt believe me.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl doesn't really play with toys, but Spook and Traveler demolish them. The only one that's survived is pictured below. For some reason, it's lasted for 5 years. As you can see, it's survived human babies, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
We bought Kongs because the leader of our training class said oh, he won't be able to destroy this...she's never had beagles....the Kong was gong in less than an hour...nothing is stronger than a beagle who wants to destroy something...nothing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chaboncly
even had this one that was a piece of real industrial fire hose, that lasted 2 days.
Jersey had one of those. Lasted the first afternoon she had it. We still have the empty carcass from it since she steals it back out of the trash every time I try to throw it away. That's why I stopped trying to find those expensive indestructible toys and started buying the cheapest things I could find (petedge.com). Now when she kills a toy in 10 minutes, I don't care. It only cost me a dollar or two. Not $15!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally Posted By: cobismomWe bought Kongs because the leader of our training class said oh, he won't be able to destroy this...she's never had beagles....the Kong was gong in less than an hour...nothing is stronger than a beagle who wants to destroy something...nothing.
We even had to throw out the Black Kongs because they got destroyed!

We also had the firehose toy, don't think it lasted a full day!

Do they make steel dog toys....

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Originally Posted By: Java & Lilo!LOL.

It's not even that our beagles are super rough with these toys. They've just got a great ability to take them apart with surgical precision.
this is 100 percent correct lol.

My mom works at hagen and once a month they do an employee sale and for the most part she gets tons of free dog toys and some of them are those really expensive tough toys, and i remember she brought one home that looked REALLY tough but it had like a small empty spot where they probably put the stuffing IN so it was alittle deflated............of COURSE thats where the first hole went, he destuffed it but only from that little corner, the other parts of the toy were too tough, but it goes to show u how good they are at pinpointing the weak spot and going for it.

Silly Beags.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.