Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I used to bring the dogs to the dog park to help socialize Spock a little better, but he just gets nervous and unhappy, rolls over on his back, and growls at other dogs. Until I have an opportunity to socialize him on a more one-on-one basis with other dogs, I think it's safer for everyone and for his happiness to just hang out at home. Bones runs around at the dog park, sometimes chasing other dogs (she is a beagle and JRT magnet), but mostly sniffing everything. Both dogs gravitate toward the place where most dogs go to poo, and as other attendees of the dog park may have experienced, not all dog owners are vigilant or responsible about cleaning up, so I have to keep them from trying to sneak a disgusting snack. So we haven't been to the dog park in a while (couple this with the fact that the nearest one is 13 miles away, plus they don't seem to have any more fun than they'd have in our back yard).

Bones usually provokes play, nips Spock in the bum or just barks at him, crouches down with her bum and her wagging tail up in the air. Then they play and zoom around the house tackling each other, playing what appears to be tag, and stealing the other one's toy or bone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts