Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost hate to say this but..
..our puppy trainer suggested an airhorn (the canned ones like you often see at sporting events) to help deter biting and bad behavior. I ran right across the parking lot to get one and IT'S WORKING! (knock on wood here)

I just give it a honk as soon as he starts to bite and I'm usually good for the rest of the nite. I also started using it for bad behavior, like de-stuffing my comforter. Two honks and he layed down and pouted till he fell asleep.

I do get some really dirty looks though......

·
Registered
511 Posts
I like to use an old pop can with 2-3 small rocks inside and duct tape over the hole. A quick shake of the startle can startles Murphy when he misbehaves and he usually stops what he's doing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The neighbors would probably kill me if I tried that!

·
Registered
889 Posts
hope it continues to help you out! We've used a squirt bottle filled with water and it seems to do pretty well.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Glad its working for you. Had a giggle at Jen and Briens comments about neighbours!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Abby bites us alot...thank you so much for these ideas - the airhorn and the can of rocks!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We tried the water bottle too. It worked at first then he discovered it makes a great drinking fountain!

I don't think the neighbors can hear it from inside our house. But it does work to wake up teenagers. (But don't try that without being prepared to RUN)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I don't think I could handle the airhorn, but hey, if it works, great!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep - heard of the airhorn and the rocks in the can - I may need to try something like that with Shasta B. - even at 2+ years she will still grab my hand to chew altho I can get her to stop after the first grab - I just wish she wouldn't even try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts