Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Charlie weighs 2 lb more than last visit, 28lb now. Got a few booster shots done today.
Cut back in his kibbles, no more extras like chicken, or chicken jerky, his favorite.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Gawd, tell me about it. I took Agnes to the vet yesterday and the vet said she needs to lose four pounds. I thought she was just sleek and gorgeous. (They called her beautiful Agnes when they called me with the senior blood panel results (routine, I do this once every six months). She's kinda p*ssed that they called her fat. LOL!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Oh, dear. We have the same problem with Cobi, Mr. Chunky...he needs to loose about five according to the vet. And Casie, is a skinny weenie, that I think could put on about five lbs. He looks so boney!

Cathy

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock is carrying a little extra weight these days himself. Since we changed his food, I think I must have been throwing a few too many kibble in his bowl, and he's now up to 30 pounds. I've been cutting back on his food for the last few days, and he and Bones have been more active, so I'm happy about that. Bones is tiny and svelte at 24 pounds; I swear it's all muscle.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Summer has been 33 lbs for a while now. Yes, that IS chubby. 30 lbs and under is good for a 15 beagle.

Now Kali is a 13 and weighs a whole 15 lbs. She could use the 3 lbs Summer should lose.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker is a whopping 45lbs. He is 17. When we got him he was 52lbs and the vet said he could lose 5lbs. He does have a belly but he looks good otherwise.

·
Registered
250 Posts
the vet said diesel was 10 lb over weight!! he was 40 lol my mom feeds him lost of snacks...but that was when he wasnt even a year old yet... i think he grew really fast.. and so the vet said to switch him off puppy food at 7 months (i was planning on doing this at a year) but he is 15.5 or 16 in tall... so he is a big boy... so im thinkin that his weight is ok.. lol

but we have cut down on table scraps and he has leaned out a bit...but still looks perfect to me.. hehe

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke weighs just under 25 lbs. He's a 13, but he is very muscular, so he looks quite thin. Violet weighed 18 when we got her, then it crept up to 20! We've got her back down to 18, but that little girl is a piggy. LOL She is only 11 (if that) so I can really tell when she's gained a few.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl weighed 27 lbs. at her last vet visit. I thought that was a little too much although the vet didn't say so. She's been on light food for a couple of months, and is outside a lot more now. I haven't weighed her, but am guessing from appearance that maybe she's lost a pound or two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts