Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have been reading posts on training.....but was wondering if there's any ideas/thoughts on toilet training my pup. I know lots of threads include things about crate training but were not using a crate....just old fashioned i guess!! Any thoughts on how to get him to go out the back?
it seems at the mo we take 2 steps forward then 3 back!!!! any posts welcome! thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Our guy is only crated during the day when we're not around. When we're home he's free to roam though we try to keep him confined to the room where we can see him. We take him out about 20-30 minutes after he eats or drinks, immediately after a play session or other excitement. In fact at obedience class the other night the instructor mentioned interrupting him while he's playing to take him out.

He started to hang out by the door when he needed to go out and now he's learned to scratch at it. Whenever I see him by the door I just ask if he needs to go outside and when we're by the door to go out I tell him we're going outside to do business. Trying to distinguish between business and play time outside.

Our pup is a little over 5 months and will still have an occasional accident when we're around. But they get to be less and less frequent... which is a plus.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tips....am trying to do pretty much the same while we're at home! perseverance will work im sure!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts