Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that watch Desperate Housewives you'll know what I mean by that.

I took Kioko out for her morning poo. Lo and behold, there was a pile of dog poop the size of a tractor trailer in the middle of my yard under my bedroom window. My first thought was, "Did I forget to pick up a pile?" My second thought was, "That is WAY too big to be Kioko's and I NEVER forget to pick up the pile." My third thought was, "That is just IT. I can't take this anymore."

You see, our neighborhood is teeming with dog owners. Most are dutiful about their dog's hygiene and waste. Some others, however, are not.

Kioko is HARD to potty train. She has a spot she likes to use and that's the ONLY place we've been successful. Now there's a 5 pound pile of large breed poo in the middle of her spot and she won't go there. I was livid. The park, the medians...someone out there leaves dog poop all over my neighborhood and it just nags at me. Now that they ruined Kioko's poop spot, I have snapped. I will attach a photo of the solution to my rage when I get done with my shower.

I enlisted the aid of my 4 year-old daughter over breakfast and we came up with quite the creative way to get our point across.

The sign is quite large, so that everyone in the parking lot can see it. It won't change anything...but I sure feel better.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I can't wait to see what you've come up with. I'd be ticked too. Daisy also has her "spot." Lucky for me, it's in the backyard so no other dogs can get to it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pimp.gif That would get me upset too.... (and I know what you mean by channeling your inner Bree - love that show).

Can't wait to see what you've concocted!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Take a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pic.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I've never watched that show. If it were me I'd be glued to the window to see who was letting their dog poop in the grass, then run out there and hand them a plastic bag saying "I noticed you didn't have one...here you go" then I'd sprinkle pepper over the area so the dog would be less inclined to poop there again.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, that is great! I love it! I hate when people don't pick up after their dogs. Tonight we were walking Jersey around the complex and I had to step over a trail of poop on one of the sidewalks. Right in the pathway of where people walk on the sidewalk. Gross!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I can't use pepper because it's Kioko's favorite place to go...the ONLY place she is comfortable and reliable.

BUT

Honey, I've got my roll of poo bags next to the door. I intend to do JUST that.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good for you! Let us know if it works - it should at least EMBARASS the jerks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE!!!

I have had SUCH a marvelous response to my sign. I've had three women dog owners from my culdesac come by to THANK me for making a statement, and every person who has come out to get in a car or pulled in to come home has smiled and waved at me or said (with a smile), "it's not my dog's poop!"

In the process, I have discovered which dog owner is the offender. See, two of the women who stopped by are two of only three large dogs in our parking area. The third...lives one building down (sharing the same front lawn area as my building) and lets her senior lab mix out off lead all the time.

This will not change her behavior, I know...but I'm hoping it will embarrass her or make her think. I'm going to leave my sign up and the poop pile in place for two days. Then I'll pick up the poo and take it down.

I feel so cleansed! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think it is hilarious that you did that. Perhaps they will drag their dog to another person's yard next time at least. If it is the dog that is let off leash though there is not much you can do other than to report them for not keeping their dog contained. I am glad this has at least helped you feel better! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Good for you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I luv it.

My ex next door neighbour used to let her dog poop on my drive. I witnessed it 3 times. On the 3rd occassion I scooped the poop up and deposited it on her doorstep with a note saying "this is your dogs poop that was on my drive AGAIN, thought he might like it back"

Needless to say he never pooped on my drive again and she never spoke to me again (not that I was bothered about that though).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow Jennifer, I love that you did that!!! I think I would die if that happened to me (thank god it won't, since I scoop Chloe's poop).

Mrs Nix, that's great, I hope this lady will get the message!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Good for you! In some areas near us you will often see a sign, with a dog in the pooing position, crossed out. This is stop the green areas being soiled. In Holland lots of people have a notice in their garden saying 'Geen Poop op de Stoop'.(No poop on the step) We always found this amusing, but it seemed to work.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I hate it when people aren't conscientious about their animals' poop! Kudos to everyone for standing up to rude owners /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif There is a house in my neighborhood with a sign in the front yard that asks people to clean up after their dogs.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so glad I live in country! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif That eliminates (this is punday /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_idea.gif) the problem of neighbors not picking up their dogs' poop.

Your response was classic, and very clever. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol3.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts