Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toby got to go on the boat for the first time today. He took right to it! He really had a great time and was very well behaved! I am really proud of him!! Thought I would share a few pics - mostly with my son, Bode. Those two are peas and carrots! Toby was won over by Bode sharing his snacks with him all the time! Toby even got to enjoy dinner on the water...

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought I got the pictures the right size - argh...

I will try to edit them or please move my thread to the Large Photos

Sorry...

·
Registered
212 Posts
The pictures are great, they both look like they are having so much fun!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Great pictures! Something about boats, blue water and the sight of a boat launch does something to me...I can just smell the water!

Bode looks very comfortable on the water.

And I love Toby's white face and big brown eyes and big feet! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

Got any more pictures like that?

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Looking at the pictures again, I must say that the second one of both babies sitting together, is my favorite /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I have so many pictures of these two together it isn't even funny! Unfortunately, the number of them that both are looking at the camera is very few!!!

I agree, the second one is my favorite, too! Mostly because I know they are trying to see who can come up with something to get in trouble first!!!

I know what you mean, too, Denise. I didn't grow up near the water, but now that I have it I want to be on it or by it all the time!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Originally Posted By: Toby & Lucky
I know what you mean, too, Denise. I didn't grow up near the water, but now that I have it I want to be on it or by it all the time!
You are so right, Buffy. I grew up in the New Orleans area and we didn't live on the water but alot of time was spent on the water. My earliest and best memories as a child were at a fishing camp on in Lafitte, La. and on my uncles boat. Then growing up...partying and fishing on Lake Pontchatrain, or tubing down some river or just watching the Mississippi River; all of those are such relaxing, fond memories.

There is a bridge that spans Lake Pontchatrain and connects Jefferson Parish to St. Tammany Parish and it is 25 miles long. The drive across the bridge is relaxing and now that my brother lives on the north side of the Lake, I have a reason to travel it whenever I go home to visit.

There is just something about the water.

We are in the Blue Ridge Mountains now and it's a close second but alot different.

Thanks for those pictures...they did my heart well!

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Those are great pictures. I love the one of them sitting together.

I'm with you girls...I love the water. Living in Florida, I grew up on the water. Our subdivision had a private beach for the residents right on the Gulf so I spent a LOT of time at the beach. I even take my vacations (usually) to the beach. We often go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I just love it there.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Denise, I have been over that bridge, several times and I am always in awe of how long it is!! It is a very nice drive. I also LOVE visiting New Orleans!!!

Jen, I am so jealous!! We just moved to South Carolina from Sarasota and I miss the Gulf waters soooooo bad. The east coast is o.k., but I just haven't connected with it like I did the Gulf Coast of Florida.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh yeah, you can tell that Toby is a retired show boy!

Your son is adorable! My daughter is 3, and is very partial to "her" dog: an old fashioned German Shepherd (extra-fuzzy, straight-backed, and mellow) we got specifically because he was bred to bond to children.

Adorable pics!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you!

I love German Shepherds! They are so beautiful - distinguished looking! What a perfect buddy for your daughter!! BTW, we like pictures of non-beagles, too!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
LOL Buffy, Karl is anything but "distinguished looking!" One ear stands mostly up, the other flops over. And his expression is absolutely...devoted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.