Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just joined a couple of weeks ago to get more info on beagles. Toby is about 5 months now and healthy. picked him up at the local shelter cause my first beagle died from distemper.
bought him from a local petstore go figure... Amazingly he doesnt really eat that much(less than 2 cups daily) but looks to be a +13 beagle. He is pretty much house broken, knows how to use the doggy door, and loves to play with other dogs! picture posted is when i first got him, about 10 weeks old. hes about double the size now!
Ive been reading a lot on food and i recently put him on Innova EVO beef flavor. hes been getting this rash/bump on his back right leg and not sure what hes allergic to yet. hopefully the new food will help. hes on frontline and heartgard every month but does he really need multivitamin as well? he's also terrified of water.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Welcome to Beagle World and a big ole welcome arroooo to Toby. I love his white socks. Sorry, can answer any of your questions. I would think and good kibble would fulfill all his needs without a vitamin supplement. Sounds like Toby is a quick learner. Don't know about a fear of water. my rescue sure isn't. Look forward to hearing more of Toby.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Toby is really cute. I think if you are feeding a good quality food you probably don't need a vitamin supplement. My beagle Maggie is a little afraid of water. At the beach she doesn't like the waves coming in and she won't go in a wading pool. I just reward her whenever she gets close to the water and she is gradually becoming calmer.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Toby is quite handsome -- looking forward to see his updated pictures. You have picked an excellent food for him -- you shouldn't need any vitamin supplements.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. Shouldnt be any need for supplements. If the rash on his leg continues then consult your vet.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Welcome to BW!
Toby shouldn't need a vitamin supplement with the type of food your are feeding. It sounds like you have all the bases covered on prevention too! If his rash continues, you may want to return to your vet as it may not be a food allergy.
Toby is adorable!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Adorable! Look at those paws, so big and cute!

I think EVO should satisfy all his nutritional requirements, but may check with the vet on allergies, could be something like grass or weed pollens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts