Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This This is Oscar, my lovely boy, he is very affectionate, loves nothing better than snuggling on the sofa, nussling into your lap etc. However, you won't get a proper licky doggie kiss from him. He sometimes appears to want to lick but doesn't. Does anyone else have a beagle that doesn't give doggie kisses?

Ruby my gorgeous girl can't wait to give you a wash, gushes all over you and licks you half to death :D Is Oscar unusual for a beagle ?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Every dog is different.

Our Roscoe and Cole will literally lick us to death if we let them! They are over the top with the licking sometimes.

Gino on the other hand wants no part of it unless you have food or remnants of food on you!

·
Registered
326 Posts
ummmm charlie will lick ur skin raw if you let him, lol

Rolo who is not beagle does not kiss, lick or anything else that revolves around a human

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker will lick arms, legs, anything that isn't a face. Niko and Yuki will lick your hand occasionally but not often. Once and a while they will get your face if you have food on it. Yuki does like to give wet willy's with her nose. Nothing like a cold wet beagle nose in your ear. I had one this morning as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies, I'm not a great fan of dogs licking you to death, but it is kind of cute and I suppose, to us humans, the most obvious sign of affection. If you ask Oscar fo a kiss he will kiss your arm or hand, just not your face. Glad it's not just him:hyper:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cassidy isn't much of a licker. If you put your face up to hers, she may give you a peck, but that's about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leia likes to lick hands and feet, especially between your toes! :no: She will never lick someone on the face, which to be honest I am glad about.

She does have a disgusting habit of insisting on sniffing peoples breath though, and it can be rather off-putting for people who don't know her! If you blow a good strong puff into her face she licks her lips and goes away happy, it's almost as if she wants to check what you've been eating recently!

Beagles, strange creatures.

P.S. Double Trouble your 2 are gorgeous! We don't find many beagle owners in England, they seem much more popular in the US

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beagles, strange creatures.

OH YES! No arguments there :hyper:

P.S. Double Trouble your 2 are gorgeous! We don't find many beagle owners in England, they seem much more popular in the US[/quote]

I hadn't met any other beagles when I got my first beagle, George, so much so, that even now I will stop the car and talk to other beagle owners (all of whom are only too happy to meet another beagle owner and swop experiences). My two teenage daughters find this behaviour very embarrassing - but I don't care:scary:
P.s Liea looks lovely too x

·
Registered
511 Posts
Both Murphy and Mandy are lickers.

Murphy loves to lick my forehead if I'm laying on the floor. It's actually relaxing-he does a regular methodical lick that, if allowed, will last for as long as I'm laying on the floor.

Mandy goes straight for the nose. She has a fetish for the nostrils and will give a deep sinus cleaning if I don't stop her. Needless to say I stop her. :no:

If I hold my hand over my nose Mandy will lick my eyes, ears, hair and anything else above my shoulders.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gracie Jones LOVES to give kisses, and clean ears and even attempts to dive bomb you if she thinks there may be a morsel of anything left on your lips! :hyper:

She does seem pretty good at distinguishing how much licking her people like and has developed different licking profiles for her favorite people (maybe they also relate to the pack status we each have?)...ex: Grandma (my mom) doesn't really like kisses so she gets one quick hello kiss and then maybe a play w/me kiss if GJ feels ignored but Auntie Bobbie (my sister) gets kisses and a good cleaning as if she were GJ's long-lost littermate!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts