Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Okay, I HAD to measure Li'l Girl's tail. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif She wasn't crazy about that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/biggrin.gif She fell far short of Sadie, since her tail measured 10" from root to tip. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sign20.gif

· Registered
124 Posts
It is a breed standard defect for a beagle to have a long tail. My Kioko's tail, though not a long one, is also a "defect" tail because it's too curved back over her body. But...I think she's gorgeous just as is. I didn't want a show beagle...I just wanted a beagle. Kioko is our gorgeous girl, and I wouldn't change a thing.

· Registered
143 Posts
i'll have to check homers later.i'm sure it's defect like the rest of him is....lol.he seems to be a bit longer,his legs are short and stubby with knobby knees,his nose seems longer than normal but he's perfect to me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif

· Registered
385 Posts
When ever we show our beagles over here we just tidy the stray hairs on their tails so that thet have a nice uniform point at the end. British beagle showers do not tend to round off the tails as they seem to do in America.

We do not trim the neck or the ear fur either, again this seems to be a requirement to showing in America.

· Registered
1,053 Posts
When I take puppies in to the vet to get dew claws removed, he always teases me about "docking" the ears and tail at the same time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif Silly Dr. Randy! Since my beagles are all different sizes, different coloring, different tails! They all have fairly long tails (but most are lethal if they hit you) - but what varies with mine is the "handle" (the white tip) - some are almost as long as the tail and some are just "tips".

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Jersey's tail is exactly 12 inches long. It curves like a teapot handle over her back and is way out of standard. Her ears are somewhere between 5 and 5.5 inches. Jersey wasn't too keen on letting me measure them so it was hard to get an accurate number. Apparently I can add rulers to the list of things that scare her. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/animal18.gif

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyHa, we've completely gone crazy.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif
Originally Posted By: BeagleBabeAt least we're in great company!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
And happy! Don't forget happy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smokin.gif

At least that's what I always tell people at work when they laugh at me over the latest thing I've done with/for Jersey. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.