Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I am posting on here too much! But, I feel like I can count on you guys for good information.

I've been doing a little research on clicker Training. I was wondering if that is a good way to get your beagle to perform tasks such as sit, lay, ring a bell to go potty,... the good stuff.

Any of you clicker train your beagles?

Does the Clicker happen to work better than other methods when used with beagles?

Any information on this technique would be helpful...

Thank you...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I know many people who use the clicker. It works great

I would have loved to use it with Chloe, but that train has passed... I was too lazy to carry the clicker around with me.

If you are just now starting training, I would highly recommend it.

Here is a website I was reading a while back, and was very impressed: Cilcker Training

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I did try clicker training with Romeo and Chloe - it worked very well - next pup here was JoJo, and I took her to obedience class - until I got too sick to go. I was surprised that the clicker training worked so well - but Eleanor is right - start now - clickers are CHEAP - so get yourself a few of them (the ones I have come on a wrist band type of thing. The training guide I read suggested using cheerios as training treats - they're low calorie - easy to carry a pocket full - and it's the IDEA of the treat more than the actual treat. I still use Cheerios as treats.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Clicker training is a wonderful way to train your dog and I've seen many beagles respond to it very well! I've used it on two of my dogs and am about to start with the third soon!

It works really great for cats too, so if the most stubborn creature on the face of the planet can be trained so can our beagles!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have heard about clicker training also. Anything is worth a shot and supposedly its a great training tool . I think i'm going to try it as soon as i get Frdeo. 3 more weeks till he's ready to come home

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The key to ANY training is consistency - I wish I had kept it up and used it on the pups that came to the pack later. It surprised me that after several years Romeo and Chloe still responded to the clicker - even tho I hadn't kept it up.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny has selective deafness

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I think Molly would eat the clicker!!

Seriously, I prefer to use voice and hand commands. My first beagle went deaf and I had to use all hand signals, and he responded better than when he could hear!! My senior greyhound is losing his hearing so I have been using the hand signals for him also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts