Our Beagle World Forums banner

801 - 804 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Is there any chance of ligament damage? I don't think it's common in beagles. I'd give rest a chance first, but if it doesn't improve, I'd look into getting that checked out. Or did the vet check for laxity of the joint?

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Honestly in my opinion, if it was a joint in his paw it will probably heal in a couple of weeks with rest. I wouldn't walk him for awhile. Dont play any rough house games.
Don't go for any suggestion of an MRI or such. Keep us posted on his progress.

·
Registered
5 Posts
She did tell me it wouldn’t have resistance if it were ligament damage so she ruled that out. There is no swelling, he lays on the leg and there’s no pain except when rotating the knee, so when he gets up from laying down he’s hesitant . I’m keeping him back on the leash inside and only letting him out of the crate to sit with me and chew some toys and massages. He seems to be getting better, putting more pressure on it as the days go, even though his little spill last night set him back he tries to run on all 4 when I take him to pee so hopefully it’s just the bruising. Time will tell I guess

·
Registered
5 Posts
His paw was in my hand when he jumped and I heard the pop, but the pain is in his knee so I guess when he jumped to the left his right knee popped. I wish it were his paw I would feel that would be a lot easier than the knee. But hopefully being a puppy everything is still flexible and he can heal without a bigger issue.😊

801 - 804 of 804 Posts