Our Beagle World Forums banner
781 - 800 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
To anyone who read my last post and wanted to know what he looked like, this is my baby ❤
Oh he is ADORABLE! I have a beagle mix with one blue eye (Neb) and they're the best! Welcome!

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Welcome. His eyes are special... cant miss identifying him...lol
The wound looks like its healing but has some black and blue forming under the skin from where blood leaked. Not a huge issue but I would ask the vet if it looks worse.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Oh I just saw that post. It's been awhile since I dealt with a neuter...Neb was my only puppy and he's 11 now. I think Cassie has it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Wait does the ball sac swell that much? Is that normal? I truly don't remember. Hmm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yet Unnamed Puppy on the Way!

Hello!
My name is Diana (like the princess!) and I like in New Brunswick, Canada. That’s about 700 miles north of New York City. I am picking up our new beagle puppy Sunday. She’s female, and about 9 weeks old, and comes from a line of hunters. She will not be using this skill with us! I’ve never had a puppy (or a beagle) before, so I’m gathering as much info as possible to make her transition to our family a smooth one. We lost our dog to cancer about 18 months ago. He was a deaf boxer—a challenging guy for sure, so I think we are ready.
My daughter is almost 15 and so ready for a companion. I look forward to learning “everything beagle” from you all!
Diana

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hello!
My name is Diana (like the princess!) and I like in New Brunswick, Canada. That’s about 700 miles north of New York City. I am picking up our new beagle puppy Sunday. She’s female, and about 9 weeks old, and comes from a line of hunters. She will not be using this skill with us! I’ve never had a puppy (or a beagle) before, so I’m gathering as much info as possible to make her transition to our family a smooth one. We lost our dog to cancer about 18 months ago. He was a deaf boxer—a challenging guy for sure, so I think we are ready.
My daughter is almost 15 and so ready for a companion. I look forward to learning “everything beagle” from you all!
Diana
Welcome! Good to see a fellow Canadian around here :) This forum has been a great resource for me and I hope it will be for you too!

(My grandma on my mom's side was from NB, and my dad was from Down East too - born on Cape Breton but raised near Digby - we used to always take the ferry across. Not sure where you are in NB My dad had beagles growing up he did use as hunting dogs, they stayed outside all year, I CANNOT imagine Xerxes surviving that he is such a wimp!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello my name is Whitney. It’s been 3 days since I got my little boy Forrest. He is an 8 week old beagle I drove 5 hours in the Carolina mountains to pick him up from a beagle breeder who hunts with dogs. The whole ride home Forrest didn’t cry a bit. He didn’t mess his little carrier nor try to escape. I think he was so happy to be out of the cold he was just so grateful. He has used the potty outside every single time I’ve taken him out. By day 2 he has slept through the night. I can’t believe how great of a dog I have found. He is the hungriest little buddy I’ve ever seen so I have to keep his diet strict lol but I’m sure glad it’s not the opposite. He is also getting along with my cat. They are becoming friends and my cat, though not the friendliest hasn’t even hissed once at him. I haven’t had a dog in 2 years since I lost my Doberman pinscher Charlie. It has been a rough year for me, lost my grandmother in the summer and dealing with my mother and fathers illnesses but Forrest is really bringing some greatly needed joy into my life to end the year on a great note. I hope to share his progress and cuteness and receive advice from others on here. Thanks for welcoming us.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That's so wonderful Forrest has fit in so well! I love his pic, what a cutie! Welcome!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I am Misty's mom (duh! :) ) Misty is a 4 year old tricolor beagle who is gun shy. So, she is a princess although she thinks she is the greatest hunter there ever was! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! My name is Rachel, and I am that spoiled daughter who got her one wish of having a dog to come true.... I was blessed to have Brownie enter my life while I was still in elementary school, because he has been the best furry companion one could have! Just this past September, I was blessed once more with the arrival of my second dog Astro, which happily led me to the beagle world. Brownie is a senior doggy so having a different (hyperactive) dog around has been quite a shock for him. Astro turns 5 this April, and has to grow up much more before then than he has these past four months. He is a mixed beagle/chihuahua.
That's it for now. Nice to meet everyone here :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Cutie! How old is Rex?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
No wonder he's hyperactive! I remember that age with Neb!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Forrest just got his final shots yesterday. He is healing from hurting his knee but the X-ray showed no problems must just be bruising. I am having to keep him in his crate unless he sits with me in the floor. I feel so sad for him not knowing how long he will have to be restricted for. Anyone else have any accident prone puppies? Poor thing is breaking my heart.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Welcome. So cute! Sorry your puppy dog has an injury. How did it happen? It's ok he stays in the crate...it will teach him to get used to it. Give him a small treat every time he goes in it so he thinks of it as a good place and say... good boy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It happened last Thursday. we had terrible storms here in North Carolina and I had took him out to potty and I was drying his paw off inside when he jumped and his paw was in my hand and I heard and felt a pop. He yelped once and has been limping. The vet found the problem to be in the knee and x ray showed no fractures but last night he slipped right before I was going to put him in his crate ...again rain and hard wood floors..of course right off of the rug smh. I have carprofin for him which I try to give once in the morning and then at night so he can sleep without pain. I wonder how long he will be like this poor thing. His spirits are up again and he’s ready to play lol guess I’ll go back to keeping him on a short leash inside. Hope it heals soon. The vet said bruising can sometimes last for a week or months. 😫 I was just so good on track with his socialization and training I hate he has this setback.

781 - 800 of 805 Posts