Our Beagle World Forums banner
761 - 780 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Insanity and Max

:D Hello too everyone ... Im new my Beagle Max just turned 3 and I found this site while trying to figure out what in the world a Reverse Sneeze was :)

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif Hello too everyone ... Im new my Beagle Max just turned 3 and I found this site while trying to figure out what in the world a Reverse Sneeze was /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Welcome, yep they sneeze like that sometimes. Post a picture soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't start thread but account is active

How can I fix this? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am new here!! I rescued my little Lemon 4 years ago, she was 2 years old and badly treated before she was rescued, we really have no idea of her past, she was picked up as a stray in South Carolina and was terrified of everything!!! She has come a long way but still has issues. Up until the 9th of September we also had a Greyhound that was Lily's (beagle's name) touchstone, well Betty (Greyhound) died on the 9th of Bone Cancer and Lily is doing ok, but does seem to miss her at times. We helped Betty cross to the bridge in our home so Lily could see her and maybe understand, but she was too nervous with a couple of strangers in the house (Vet and husband) to sniff and maybe understand. I am giving her lots of one on one attention and have left Betty's bed in place so Lily can lay on it when she chooses, that seems to help, she seems happiest on our walks so we do that as much as possible. Her other issues are she is still very very scared of any man that is standing, even my hubby, and her eating habits are a bit bizarre, her food must be laid out on her or Betty's bed, she will not touch anything in a bowl, plate etc. doesn't sound like a beagle huh? Like I said don't know her background before 2 years and whatever it was she has not forgotten it. Thought I would join this forum for the fellowship and maybe some insight to a badly traumatized dog she has a huge startle reflex, she is on meds. Anyway that's us, just me and her now, hubby not to welcome in her world. Thanks for having me

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hi, I am new here!! I rescued my little Lemon 4 years ago, she was 2 years old and badly treated before she was rescued, we really have no idea of her past, she was picked up as a stray in South Carolina and was terrified of everything!!! She has come a long way but still has issues. Up until the 9th of September we also had a Greyhound that was Lily's (beagle's name) touchstone, well Betty (Greyhound) died on the 9th of Bone Cancer and Lily is doing ok, but does seem to miss her at times. We helped Betty cross to the bridge in our home so Lily could see her and maybe understand, but she was too nervous with a couple of strangers in the house (Vet and husband) to sniff and maybe understand. I am giving her lots of one on one attention and have left Betty's bed in place so Lily can lay on it when she chooses, that seems to help, she seems happiest on our walks so we do that as much as possible. Her other issues are she is still very very scared of any man that is standing, even my hubby, and her eating habits are a bit bizarre, her food must be laid out on her or Betty's bed, she will not touch anything in a bowl, plate etc. doesn't sound like a beagle huh? Like I said don't know her background before 2 years and whatever it was she has not forgotten it. Thought I would join this forum for the fellowship and maybe some insight to a badly traumatized dog she has a huge startle reflex, she is on meds. Anyway that's us, just me and her now, hubby not to welcome in her world. Thanks for having me
Are there any high value treats you could work with her with? This might help get her eating other places, doing tricks/sits/downs etc with lots of praise and yummy treats to build confidence? Could you find high value items (treats or toys) and have her husband work on giving these to her? It's tough when they lose someone though

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Gosh sorry for your loss. Lost a well loved family dog a year ago so i can sympathize.
What about trying a flat plate instead of bowl. I buy Oscar Myer shaved turkey meat.. cassie will practically do back flips for some. When a treat doesn't lure her back into the house all i have to do is show the turkey meat and she will come running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I’m a new member here from Melbourne Australia. We have a 9 mth old beagle girl named Alex. Our daughter Sarah named her after a soccer player.

Alex is gorgeous and mischievous, friendly and happy and is an amazing addition to our family. Both my husband and I had dogs as kids, but this is the first pet we’ve had as a family.

We bought herbs a pup from a breeder recommended by our friends. These friends have a 3 yr old beagle from the same breeder and they also bred beagles many years ago, so we knew what we were getting in terms of beagle behaviour, needs etc.

Meet Alex :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
New Mom to Lucy the Beagle

Hi just adopted Lucy, was her foster mom and decided to adopt. She is 1 yr old and weighs 17 lbs and a sweet heartheart. Glad to find this forum as I probably will have lots of questions, never had a beagle before.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Hi just adopted Lucy, was her foster mom and decided to adopt. She is 1 yr old and weighs 17 lbs and a sweet heartheart. Glad to find this forum as I probably will have lots of questions, never had a beagle before.
Welcome, post a picture so we can see Lucy. 17lbs seems light for a 1 yr old.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey there, I am not that sure as to whether I will create a new thread or not. Attached is a photo of my sweet and hyperactive beagle named Rex! :hyper:
Aww! How old is Rex?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I’m new, and I’ve got a beagle mix (not sure with what, we think Australian shepherd and my brother will NOT give up him being mixed with husky). His name is Cisco, after the flash’s Cisco Ramon. He’s black, white, and brown with one brown eye and one beautiful icy blue eye. He’s very playful, and a smart dog as well. He was a rescue, and I love him more than anything on this planet.

761 - 780 of 805 Posts