Our Beagle World Forums banner
741 - 760 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gypsy...our lovely Beagle

Hi,

I am Ajit and our Beagle is named Gypsy. She's about 4 and we have had her since she was a few months old. We got her from a person, whom i suspect was a breeder, but we didnt know much then. We were just happy to have her.

She is a lovely pet and we cherish having Gypsy. We are first time pet owners.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

We have had little Kylo from 9 weeks and we bought him for £500 in the UK. We have doubts he is a full breed Beagle and would like some Beagle enthusiast opinions. He definitely isn't show Beagle size, he is tall but I'm 6ft2 and classed as tall for a human..

Attached a photo of him as a baby for reference as well.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Hi all,

We have had little Kylo from 9 weeks and we bought him for £500 in the UK. We have doubts he is a full breed Beagle and would like some Beagle enthusiast opinions. He definitely isn't show Beagle size, he is tall but I'm 6ft2 and classed as tall for a human..

Thanks
Sure is a nice looking dog. Have you measured from the "withers"? Thats from the front shoulder bone straight down the leg to the floor. Beagles are either 13inch or 15inch. Your dog looks tall. Could have some other hound mixed...but who cares with such a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks
Sure is a nice looking dog. Have you measured from the "withers"? Thats from the front shoulder bone straight down the leg to the floor. Beagles are either 13inch or 15inch. Your dog looks tall. Could have some other hound mixed...but who cares with such a beautiful dog.
Just measured and he is 18 inches from the withers. Weighed him tonight and he is 17.5KG

And I agree it doesn’t matter. We love him so much. Just feel fooled that we were told he is Beagle and we didn’t properly do our research 😞 lesson learnt and at least if he is a cross it halves our insurance cost!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nattie

Hi -- I'm new to this group. My husband and I rescued our "Nattie" (after our fave Wash Nationals b'ball team, not the Natty Boh Baltimore beer...haha), one week ago. We found her thru Petfinder and the Furry Friends Network rescue group. Nattie was originally found as a stray in WV, taken to a shelter there....then the rescue group transported her to their area in PA, and we adopted her one week ago and brought her home to MD. She's 2 years old and very sweet, laid back, and so darn cute!!! She can also be mischievous too as she's tried to escape her crate a couple times...also when we are out walking, at times she'll just plop down and won't move and wants me to drag her like a pull-toy, or pick her up. Needless to say, sounds like she needs some training... haha. Her cuteness makes up for it all though.

741 - 760 of 805 Posts