Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bounce: It was all due to the "BernieBeagle diet" recommended by ricksconnected. Tippi has been on every lowcal dog food known to man so when the Wellness diet was recommended I was sceptical, but the "proof is in the pudding" so to speak, she has finally begun to lose weight. We are all so thrilled. Will keep you all posted on our progress.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
702 Posts
So happy for Tippi :bounce: Three pounds in three weeks is a lot!

Rick will be so happy to know his "Bernie Beagle Diet" has worked out so well!!

Lora, it's such a relief when something really good takes place. Hope Tippi's other issues are getting better. Let us know!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Which Wellness formula are you using? My pet food store carries several varieties. Maggie is not considered overweight yet but my vet says she is at the maximum weight she should be for her height. I do feed her a rotation of food and she doesn't have any trouble switching from one to the other so it would be easy to add Wellness.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We are so happy for you and Tippi. :bounce: :bounce: The Bagel says tell Tippi to keep up the good work! I say thanks Lora for the great news.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Great update! Thanks for the good news......Tippi, I need to lose a few pounds too.....maybe your new diet would work for me too. :rotflmao:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thats great news for Tippi! :happyhappy:

Ok now what is this diet like.... Explain.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I have my older dog who has the body of a bassett hound and the face of a terrier, who the vet wants to have loose a few pounds. (He's starting to have knee problems) He weights 46lbs. and Maggie, my lemon beagle, could loose a few also. Poor Jasmine will have to join the crowd on a diet though.

I have been feeding Innove adult and per my vet he says its great food, but very high in calories. So he suggested the Purina Veterinary OD. He says Mick can eat more, but he'll be getting less calories. But I have to go to the Vets to purchase the food...

Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
:thumbup: :bounce:

yeah tippi !

lora
as you know im so excited for you and tippi.
tippi will be a lean mean beagle machine in no time i promise you. and your right, it did take me a lil work to get ya to try the
bernie G beagle diet. i knew if ya followed my RX it would work. tippi is off on a new journey.
its a bit of work at first, but as you see, the results come off, so to speak.

my sweet daisy.
i keep a good contact through emails with lora and tippi. her results dont suprise me to be honest. im just so glad that tippi has taken to the RX and going fantastic. i bet ole lora is just about to jump out of her skin over the good news !

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hi Rick, The food rotation Maggie is on was developed for her by a pet nutritionist so I am comfortable with it but your diet sounds as though it has been very successful and I would love to hear more. I am always open to suggestions to keep her healthier and I think keeping the weight down is going to be a big factor. Glad to hear Bernie is continuing to recover and improve.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by jassy:
Maggie is not considered overweight yet but my vet says she is at the maximum weight she should be for her height.
Shiloh has been on Beneful healthy weight formula for a while now. She is at the maximum weight for her height too!! If her height included another beagle standing on top of her, that is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :thumbup: How much weight would the vet like her to lose?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great job Lora & Tippi! I know the challenges of an overweight Beagle can be hard to deal with sometimes. My Amber was a bit of a porker. Keep it up! :thumbup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:computer: Thanks everyone! Tippi's vet isn't entirely sold on the Wellness diet even though she lost the 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm not positive, but I think her hesitation might have something to do with the huge Science Diet display in the waiting room of her office /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .
Anyway we are thrilled with Tippi's progress and are keeping our fingers crossed that it continues. She gets one half cup Wellness Super5mix Weight management and one half cup of green beans twice a day. She also wants me to walk her six times a day, which is a chore right now, because Tippi would rather just sit outside, not walk outside, but we are making progress with the walks too, although this morning while we were out a mockingbird landed on Tippi's back and started to peck at her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I yelled and swatted at the bird, but it kept coming back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Ron heard the commotion and ran outside and the bird flew away. Our next door neighbor, who is somewhat of a nature guy thought that possibly the bird fancied Tippi's hair for her nest. Needless to say it was not one of my better mornings and given the struggle we have even getting Tippi on her feet to go out, I really don't need any additional obstacles when it comes to getting Tip out for all this walking.
Well, speaking of which, it's time for another stroll. Will keep you all posted.

Lora&Tippi
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
439 Posts
keep up the good work lora. i told ya this diet would work and it is. its a good thing. remember, NO TREATS, only baby carrots soaked in water.
this is often where the bernie G beagle diet fails. gotta be strong and commited, as i know you are.
as you can see we are all proud of you and tippi.
:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Poor Tippi!! Being dive-bombed by a mockingbird must have been traumatic for her. (I know it would have been for me--shades of Hitchcock's The Birds /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif ) I imagine your neighbor was right about the bird wanting Tippi's hair for a nest, but he could at least have waited till she was through with it!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I brush Shiloh outside, trying to remember to stand downwind of the flying fur. She sheds so much that I imagine there are bird nests all over town decorated with Shiloh Fur!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we have had no more bird attacks thank heavens, however Tip has been cocking her head skyward alot since Sunday. Whenever a bird flies past she runs between my legs until it passes :biglaugh: .

Lora&Tippi
Edith Wharton

1 - 20 of 20 Posts