Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They both love to sleep up in the second story window and keep an eye on things. Roving squirrels, unruly teens, burglers, etc. But here they are looking the wrong way (that is, they are not looking outside the window!) so I could snap a picture. Fun game is to wisper in a firm and low voice, but with lots of drama: Who's that? What's out there? and they instantly go on alert and run to the windows and screen door to see what is going on. They sure do seem to make fantastic guard dogs. Very good at sensing people or other critters outside our house.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Great looking watch dogs you have there. Mine love to lay on the back of my couch or on the dog hassock to keep post. What is funny is that all 4 will lay there and one or another is usually awake at all times keeping watch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, great guard dogs, (but I should clarify guard not attack...). Ours too lay on the back of the sofa, which is a perfect vantage point and can watch the front door when it's open. The screen keeps them from scurrying out of course when someone, or some..thing..is running amok out front. So, Beagletails: What's it like having FOUR dogs? I was wondering if we should pick up a third. I briefly had four beagles on a leash at the dog park yesterday (my 2 and another 2 beags) and it got me thinking....Four could have ganged up on me pretty easy, but I wonder if I could fend for myself with three? ;~) Hehehe, but seriously, is a third that much more than two, and is four that much more than three? Am curious...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Four isn't bad until they all start barking. Then I wish I only had one or two. Anytime we go for walks with the dogs we always take the family along. That way one person is not trying to walk all 4. Three of the 4 are purebred Beagles and I will admit none have been trained not to pull so walking would be impossible. I could sit on a sled and just let them take me for a walk though. lol I'm not sure where I would end up, but I bet it would be loads of fun! Oh one other thing...its not really whether you can handle 4, it is really more important to know if your yard can handle it. I have permanent paths in my yard from where the dogs walk and where they have NAS-Dog races every day. What is weird though is that it isn't like I see in some yards where the paths are along fences...ours are smack in the middle of the yard. I have a cross pattern which would make a person wonder why the dogs walk that certain way. Meal times...well I have always wanted to live on a farm and I jokingly refer to feeding time as my farm chores.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Several years ago Tucker went absolutely crazy late and night and we looked and looked to see what it was. Eventually we saw a racoon in our front yard. How he knoew it was there we will never know. Tucker is a great guard dog, whenever anything goes by the house he lets us know. There is a dog accross the street that the owners take out several times a day. Tucker goes crazy whenever he goes by so we call him Tucker's mortal enemy. Of course when they actually meet, they get along fine.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Nice photo. How old are Tinker and Belle. They look very grand sitting there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts