Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking Timber for a walk in the park and she was chewing on a stick when i noticed it was covered in blood. Then she had some blood dripping from her mouth so i was worried, i got her home, but she wasn't in any pain at all, so that was re assuring. I put her in her room and then she spat out her front insicor kinda split and cracked onto her bed. Is this normal she is between 16-18 weeks old, will it regrow or is it a vet job or what?

Thanks for your help,

just so you know she has been entirely normal and still mad since it happend, so shes not in any pain at all.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
VERY normal Peter! Maggies started losing her baby teeth between 3-4 months, some of them bled, some didn't. If you don't see her permanent tooth coming in yet, don't worry, it will!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hehehehe! What's not normal was my Makaella biting Simon so hard that she ripped out her K9's AT THE ROOT! Two different times! The vet said she had never seen the jaw power that it would have taken to take out the entire tooth, root and all. I still have one of them and, though it's been a long time since I've looked at it, I remember it being at least two to two and a half inches long. She was a girl with attitude that's for sure. And Simon just took it despite being twice her weight...

Well, not to detract from your story, it had to be scary. I just visualized Makaella while reading your comments and couldn't help myself from laughing.... She gave new meaning to the AKC term bitch.....LOL

·
Registered
959 Posts
Just be glad there isn't a tooth fairy for these little guys and gals, they lose teeth about this time like crazy!

Cathy J, cobismom

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
LOL Cathy. Could you imagine, a treat for each lost tooth? Though I have no doubt some pet owners play tooth fairy for their pups. Actually, it's kind of a cute idea.

Timber's growing up, how sweet! At least the good thing about losing teeth is that they get rid of those razor sharp little puppy teeth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts