Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.

Sorry i have not been on in a while (quite a few months), been really busy.

Anyway Timber is doing pretty well.

Good bits - When she is calm shes so sweet.
She is great fun sometimes.

Bad bits (need help plz) - She will still just go for a wee then and there and not even a proper one. For example today she was playing in the living room and she just did a little one and she only went outside about 20 mins earlier. Bladder problem?

Also she has mad moments where she wil run wild around the house and then when u try to pick her up she will bite u.

Thank you

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You need to be persistent. Chloe was housebroken at only 1 year of age. I would rule out the bladder problem at the vets, and keep on with housebreaking. Whenever you see her stop playing, take her immediately out, praise a lot when she's good.

About the biting, a firm no, and then totally ignoring her should do it. They will learn pretty quickly, after a few times, I'm sure she'll do better. Has she finished changing teeth?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ummm......I don't see a picture of Timber!

As for going wee, I think that will eventually get better. Duke wasn't trained at 7 months, closer to 10. Make sure when she does that, you tell her no and take her outside.

The running wild is the zoomies and our beagles do it on a daily basis. Is the biting playful, or is she being genuinely aggressive? Ours will play bite when they're in full speed mode, they want us to join the game.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
As said above, you have to keep up the housetraining regime. As soon as she stops playing. sleeping etc, straight out with her. Doesnt sound like bladder trouble, but only a vet can tell for sure.
She musn't be allowed to bite, say NO straight away and stop playing with her. She'll get the message soon.
Good luck and good to hear from you again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts