Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned last year, Susi is an expert on finding ticks on Snoopy. She'll go up and sniff at a spot and when Dave checks it, sure enough a tick is there. She must have a remarkable sense of smell.

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Amazing! As far as I can tell Chloe never had a tick on her, and I hope she won't.

I need to get her some Frontline or something... we're out!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We also use Frontline, but only a couple of times a year as it is poison. Dave checks for ticks every time they come in. Sometimes he'll take 20+ off them. I have had one myself already this year!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ugh, this is the worst year for us! All our guys are on Advantix and we didn't have a problem last year, but this year, OMG we are pulling them off left and right! Nasty little buggers!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Totti had one tick on him the day we picked him up from the breeder. The breeder checked him before he handed him over to us and found it, thankfully! I use Frontline on Totti and so far, so good!

But Susi is incredible for being able to do that!

·
Registered
865 Posts
That is just amazing! It's such a shame that Susi can't come visit all of us and do tick checks!!! With a toddler in the house, the vet has us be pretty careful with the poisons, too. We don't use anything unless it's a really bad season. So far this year it hasn't been too bad, but we'll see if that continues! This place can get pretty bad if we get some good rains!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We use K9Avantix, and haven't seen any ticks yet this season. It does a good job of controlling them. Susi's remarkable.
I'm sure you've read that some pest control companies use beagles to sniff out termites. Our little hounds do some amazing things!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts