Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty stressed out right now. I woke up this morning and let the dogs out to potty. I notice two throw up piles in their room. Now, I am watching my parents' dog, Maggie. I was finally able to get her to eat by using chicken to bribe her. She did not eat last night. She did eat grass last night. I found a throw up pile with grass in it as well this morning that Maggie must have done last night. Lucky has a bunch of tiny bites on his chin that I don't know what they are. He threw up yesterday afternoon. Well when I went to clean up the throw up in their room this morning, I found spots of blood in it. I am really upset about this. Number 1, I don't know which dog it was. Number 2, I cannot bring both dogs to the vet for labwork. Number 3, I have my parents' dog and I hope nothing is wrong while they are gone. I did call the vet this morning. I was told to separate both dogs, which I did. They are in separate rooms right now while I am at work. She said to watch both dogs. If either stop eating or drinking or acting weird in any way, I am supposed to bring whichever one in. I'm still really worried. I will go home at lunch to check on them both. But are there any chances there is nothing wrong? Blood in throw up seems serious to me! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Just specks of dark blood might be from throwing up repeatedly, especially on an empty stomach. But alot of bright red blood isn't good.

Separating them for now is step one and take it from there.

Has Maggie begun eating yet?

~Denise

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got her to eat tuesday and wednesday night by putting chicken in her bowl with her normal food. She did not eat last night. There were two throw up piles with about 10 spots each of bright red blood.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
This story is about the "other end" of the dog. When I found bright red blood in Caesars poop the vet said that was not serious because it came from the outside of his bum from pooping to much. (he ate too much food...typical beag) She said that if it was dark red, then it meant that it was internal which is bad. I don't know if the same theory applys to vomit, but I hope both doggies are okay and it's nothing serious. Good luck.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey was very sick last year and kept throwing up. After a day or two of it, she did have some bright red spots in it. The vet said it was most likely irritation from the repeated vomiting. Jersey also had bright red blood in her stool. Same thing, irritation from going too much. The vet said that dark red/brownish would have been bad. That would mean internal bleeding and not just irritation.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think it could be some kind of irritation. Boeing used to have some bright red blood specks in his poop when he ate too much grass (and stems). I guess those grass stems might have scraped his anus when he was pooping. Perhaps the same goes with vomit. Anyway, it's good to know the dogs have stopped throwing up. I hope things will be okay with both of them and with you, too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Very happy to hear that there has been no more throwing up or blood.

It's scary isn't it? When do your parents return?

~Denise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts