Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What great pictures! Thank you for sharing - I think I need one of those "gloves".

·
Registered
991 Posts
I love your pictures! Hopefully your squirrels are not anything like ours. They sit in the tree and drop twigs (or food) down on my crew and drive them absolutely crazy! They look so angelic I can almost see the halo. lol!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Love the pics!

can I just ask you though, your crate there, its the same size as Glovers and he has started bending down when getting out. do yours do that? is it healthy for their growth?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is the Hound glove worth investing in? Is it a good product? (just for future references). I love how you have their crates set up. I might just have to do that with my Cockers'!

I love the photos! I knew that was a Florida Pine w/o even looking at where you were from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
751 Posts
Glover's mom, Marley has to bend a little too.

Beautiful pictures. I want to move to Florida but hubby still says no. I get so jealous when I see pics from there!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hound gloves or "mits" work great if they'll let you use it on them. It helps with shedding by brushing out loose hair. (dirt too.) It also stimulates their skin and brings out the natural oils to makes them shine!

They love their crates and go in them whenever they want peace and quiet. Sadie has free run of the house. Sparky gets closed in when we're not here and at night.(without complaint) That's why he gets the "appartment" with the front porch. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
aaaawwww they look so peaceful napping !!!

but I know better /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif that Sparky is a fiesty one !!!

What exactly is that "prey" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif it is sure bigger than any squirrels around this part of FL.....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:Sammy's Mom wrote:
What exactly is that "prey" it is sure bigger than any squirrels around this part of FL.....
The "prey" is a young fox squirrel . They nest in the pines in our rural area. Sometimes even in our yard. They come in all different colors. We see one sometimes, that's all black except for the underside and muzzle. The adults are huge! They can be really bold. I've had that black one come down a tree while I was trimming around it with a gas powered weedeater. It got to within a few feet of my face. Like it wanted to know what I thought I was doing to his or her tree! I keep one eye on Sparky when he's messing with them. Years ago my father's Doberman cornered one. It grabbed the dog by the lip. Poor girl was thrashing her head back and forth trying to shake it off, while the squirrel hung on for dear life! :freak:
Sparky loves em. He'll get the scent and start vocalizing. The first time I heard it I thought he was in pain... Then he stands guard under the tree and won't move for hours. We've even had to bring a water bowl out to him. :rolleyes:
Hopefully he'll keep them from nesting in the yard. That's probably the time when they get so bold.

Sorry about the Xs, Spencer's Mum. The pictures are on ImageShack, but I don't know how to tell you to bring them up.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great pictures! That's one big squirrel! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif The squirrels here are of the relatively small gray variety. I grew up in Illinois, though, and there were some big red squirrels there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts