Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that upset me.

1.) People who don't pick up their dogs' poo. I mean really. Honestly. If you're THAT squeamish about picking up your dog's waste, then you shouldn't have a dog...and you danged sure better not have a kid.

It's unhealthy. It's stinky. It keeps kids from playing with the proper amount of abandon in parks and yards and neighborhood grassy areas.

It's nasty. I don't leave my kid's poop lying all over my home. And I don't leave my dog's poop lying all over the neighborhood. I mean...I even have a cute little baggie dispenser that cost me less than 3 bucks attached to Kioko's leash. I'm so happy when she poops OUTSIDE, that it is actually a joy to pick it up and throw it away. HA HA HA.

So yeah...HUGE pet peeve. Nasty people leaving their dogs' poo on the ground in my neighborhood.

2.) Going out at 6am for a morning walk with Kioko...spending over 1/2 hour walking, running, playing, patting. Taking her back to the potty spot outside the front after said walk for 15 minutes. Getting a nice poo out of her...waiting, waiting, waiting....encouraging more potty.

Coming inside to put her in her crate while I make breakfast...and having her IMMEDIATELY squat to pee on the bedding.

/sigh.

I suppose I should just be thanking stars that she started pooping outside again. LOL. Baby steps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are in a pattern of one good day...one bad day...one good day, etc. with the potty stuff. I think that's a sign that she'll get it. We're all trying to keep a nice humor about it.

We said last night that it's like when we had our daughter. We would look at one another and say, "Yep...that's why God makes 'em cute...so we don't kill them." hehe. Same thing with the beagle...who is actually cuter than a newborn person baby, imo. /grin.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm with you on the poop thing. We live in an apartment so we're always picking up after Jersey. I get so frustrated when we go for walks and walk past the poop stations (garbage cans with poop bags provided!) with a pile of poop sitting right next to them! It drives me nuts. Talk about lazy.

As for the housebreaking...it will come.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We live near the local University's agricultural fields and there is a great walking trail next to the fields and that's where I walk with Duke. I hate to see other dogs poop left on the trail. Not only does Duke pick up the scent every time, but I hate seeing it there. Totally inconsiderate.

She will get past the peeing problem, but like you said, baby steps!

btw.....totally agree that they are so cute so that they survive to adulthood. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts