Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my Beag buddy, Vinny when he was a pup and now.

He still sits that same way. And still has those very conversational stares. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Then and Now

I couldn't help but smile at Vinny's pictures! He is adorable!

He has that solid brown head and forhead that Henry has and I'm a bit partial to. And his stare is....intense!

And it looks like Vinny probably shops at the same
Big and Tall store that Henry shops at. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

~Denise

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Denise,

Vinny is a little on the "stout" side, however he is a soild mass of muscle. I believe his rotund middle and rock hard legs come from the fact that is takes Temeral because of terrible grass allergies. He turns beet red in 2 days without it. Temeral is a steroid and because he and Miles paly chase for much of the day, it has has produced one strong Beagle with a beer belly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Does Vinny have to take steroids year round? I imagine that in Florida, the grass stays healthy all year. He does look muscular...and handsome too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Henry takes too many naps through out the day. Yodel is changing that....the two of them spend alot of time wrestling, whether Henry wants to or not. And although I can't see the difference, when I put Henry's harness on, it is definetely looser.

~Denise

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Then and Now

Denise,

Unfortunately he does have to be on the medication year round. We have tried several non-steroid remedies from our Vet, but to no avail. As soon as he is off the Temeril, his belly turns red and itchy. He knaws on his paws until they bleed.

I don not like giving the Temeril, however I won't stand for him to be miserable either. Hey, he gets a peice of hotdog with every pill. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lick.gif I love seeing "now and then" pics. Vinny started out handsome and is even more so now!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts

He is extremely handsome. He has an innocent look to his face.

Did your vet have you try Tavist Allergy pills for his itching? Sadie had horrible allergies when she was younger. They had her on Hydroxi-something antihistimine. But it really didn't do her much good. Her belly would get red and broken out often. We had to take her in every few months for a Prednisone shot. Finally our vet said to try Tavist allergy. You get it over the counter for humans. Anyway, I wish they had had that pill Vinny is taking when Sadie was younger.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Awwww...what a handsome boy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts