Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little buddy, Vincent Bradley call sign Vinny had a prolonged seizure today that was so bad we took him to the vet.

I know from what I have read, that anything over 10 minutes is not good. He seized for at least 30 minutes and was soaked from sweating by the time we got there. His eyes had stopped moving as if staring into space. They took us right back and had bags of ice ready to pack around him. The vet came out to talk to us and said he was close to dying because of the over heating.

He is being moved to a 24 hour aniaml hospital not far from us. I suspect at least one of us will be staying the night with him (we already asked). They are unsure what caused this and if it happens again, they want him near a Dr.

The wife would like some special Beagle healing vibes sent Vinny's way. I will try to post some updates later this weekend. Thanks

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL441/10794566/19226252/307930875.jpg

·
Registered
991 Posts
No question Joe! Postive and healing vibes and thoughts coming Vinny way. Stay calm - he is in good hands now. Keep us updated when you can, but all your self has got to be on Vinny. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Oh Joe!! Your in my thoughts and my prayers.

Will keep a lookout for updates...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Oh I am so sorry to hear of Vinny's seizure - of course he and you guys too have my prayers and healing thoughts. That must have been so scary. Shiloh B. had one a few months ago but it just lasted a couple of minutes or so - the vet didn't know what caused it either. Please let us know any updates.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Positive energy coming your way! I wish all of the best for Vinny!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Lots of beagle healing vibes coming your way!!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was saddened to read that Vinny is going through such a rough patch. Watching my Maggie go through cluster seizures was heart-wrenching so I can definitely relate. Lots of healing vibes sent Vinny's way and gentle hugs to you and your wife.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so sorry to read about Vinny, and have said a prayer for him. Our Spook has had cluster seizures, though not as extreme as Vinny's. It's so scary for both dog and dog's people. Sounds like he's getting the best of care. Hugs to you and your wife.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You all are in our prayers! I can only imagine how rough it is for all of you. Take care and keep us updated!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. I'm hoping the vets can find why this is happening soon. Hang in there. Give Vinny some tummy rubs for me.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts