Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
When we discover pee on the carpet we'll pour table salt on it to absorb the urine. When the salt is dry we'll vacuum it up and then clean the spot with Pet Oder Resolve. I think it has a masking agent in it to help prevent pets from going in the same place.

We also have wood floor cleaner that has a pet oder ingredient in it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it still work if the pee is on the floor? I don't have carpet. Also, does your dog ever try to eat the salt before it's all absorbed?

Also, what brand cleaner do you use? I have used so many but they all seem to iritate their paws no mater how much I try to wipe it clean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good point ... Don't you think the dogs will lick the salt? I've heard Nature's Miracle works

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is my only concern with the salt. Having 5 dogs living in one house, I know for a fact at least one will try to eat it or they will spread the salt everywhere playing too close to it. If they do, is it unhealthy for them, or will it just taste bad? How long does it take for the salt to absorb all the pee?

I need to get the smell out please!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Nature's Miracle....I always have it on hand since we live in the country, and never know when there'll be a skunk encounter. It's good for removing odors such as urine, too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hardwood floors? If we see an accident it gets soaked up and the spot gets cleaned with natures miracle. If we are out of that we use fantastic or some other general cleanser. Dogs have never had a problem with their paws. Course, they usually don't pee where they play if they have an accident.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Urine puddles on hardwood and tiled floors can be soaked up with paper towels, then an application of Nature's Miracle should take care of the odor. If you really want to be careful, you can wipe the area with water first, then apply the Nature's Miracle.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Another vote here for Nature's Miracle. Simple Solution works great as well. They are specially designed to break down the smell of urine/feces/vomit, etc and have specific enzymes in them just for this. And they can be used on hard wood.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I found Arm and Hammer's pet deodorizer and stain remover spray even better than Nature's miracle. I just spray some on and soak it up with a shamwow. The shamwow actually soaks out the liquid, leaving little or nothing to create an odor or stain. It's also safe for hardwood floors.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Gee, we all have solutions handy for getting rid of the three ps... why exactly is that?!?!

We have never tried Nature's Miracle but I have heard great things about it. We recently went through a bottle of Pure Ayre, which I think is similar and it was wonderful. It didn't last too long as its arrival coincided with Buzz's arrival - but now I can't remember where I bought it to go buy another and I can't find it anywhere that I would have expected it to be. But if you come across it check it out... it really worked well, had no noticeable odour of its own, and REALLY neutralized the smell so that the other dogs would even come back and lie there (and they are ordinarily REALLY picky about lying anywhere close to where someone else has peed/pooped/puked...).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I was looking for an all natural solution that would be safe to use on my harwood floors and tile and found Petrotech. I LOVE IT! It really neutralizes the smell and is completely safe!It comes in various types to meet your needs. Here is a description from the web:

These powerful and effective dog stain and odor eliminators work on contact. All natural and safe, Petrotech cleaners are made from all natural ingredients including sugar cane derivatives and other proprietary plant extracts. Used by pet and cleaning professionals, these easy-to-use formulas are safe to spray on all water-safe surfaces. Non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive and non-carcinogenic. Aerosol cans are o-zone safe.

Didn't mean to sound like a commerical but I've tried so many things and this is by far my fave!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: BookerMooseGee, we all have solutions handy for getting rid of the three ps... why exactly is that?!?!

We have never tried Nature's Miracle but I have heard great things about it. We recently went through a bottle of Pure Ayre, which I think is similar and it was wonderful. It didn't last too long as its arrival coincided with Buzz's arrival - but now I can't remember where I bought it to go buy another and I can't find it anywhere that I would have expected it to be. But if you come across it check it out... it really worked well, had no noticeable odour of its own, and REALLY neutralized the smell so that the other dogs would even come back and lie there (and they are ordinarily REALLY picky about lying anywhere close to where someone else has peed/pooped/puked...).
I googled Pure Ayre and their website says it's available at PetCo. You can also order it online through their website.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts