Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya aint gonna get much sleep! I have taken to sleeping on the couch as Jethro can barely climb onto it now! (But he isa cuddler like goober was!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Awwww, who needs sleep anyway, Eric! He won't be a puppy forever - enjoy it while you can. They grow up much too fast.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Jethro wants to cuddle up to you, he knows you need comforting still.
How does he get on with the others?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doghouse, he may be a pint-sized version of Goober...but he
has turned-out to be more like Goober than I could have
imagined! The only difference is that Jethro was a shy little
boy when I got him,& Goober was a very assertive pup that chose me! Homer-the-Huge had mixed feelings about the new pup & I made the mistake of not removing the elk bones that Homer had enjoyed for a week. Well, Jethro sought-out the
bones like a smart missle & Homer tried to kill him by crushing him into the ground! I was furious & beat the tar
out of Homer to get him to stop his attack on Jethro!
(I was very tempted to cap his ass)with the side-arm that I carry!
Lucky for Homer,
he has learned to leave the puppy alone, & even lets him
snuggle up to him as they take a nap!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Puppies and infants DON'T SPELL SLEEP....that's for sure

My son was a colicky baby, and we walked the floors together for five months. When Maggie was a pup, I slept on the couch for weeks until we found a routine (she was a rescue pup, too small to be taken away from her mother when she arrived at my door, so it took some extra care)

ENJOY!!!!! It IS true, that first 12 to 18 months are constant challenges, but what funny stories you will have.

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES. I didn't do that with Maggie, and the precious few I have aren't ENOUGH!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
NR, they will be fine. We dont take chances with Susi and Snoopy regarding their food. Snoopy gets his in the lounge and Susi in the kitchen. They wouldnt dream of touching the other ones bowl now. Bones are a problem because they hang around. I wouldnt risk leaving them with bones until Jethro is much older.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I remember the days of sleeping on the couch with Molly when she was little. Tim and I took turns. We then would drop her off at his parents' house for day time care while we were at work. It was a lot like having a real baby.

It will take time for Homer to learn that the pup is part of his pack. We got Maggie when Molly was 6 months old and had to teach Mag to be gentle. After 5 or so years, Mag still knows that word and will proceed slowly and carefully when you say it to her. It's pretty funny, but necessary.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Aren't puppies fun?

Glad to hear Jethro is settling into his new home. We had some issues with Cassie and Violet when Vi first came. Cassie attacked her a few times and we had to step in. We taught Cassie easy when she was a pup, so that's what we use when we see a situation where Cassie may be tempted to get onto Violet again. It has worked and we haven't had a situation for a few months now. Cassie got used to Vi, just like Homer will with Jethro.

Can't wait until you get a chance to post some pics for us. Jethro sounds like a sweetie!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just love the way you tell it!!! Good to hear Jethro is doing well!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts