Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of Moosie staring intently at a tiny piece of a gingersnap on a plate while we were hanging out at a cafe yesterday. I was so proud of him - even though he wanted nothing more than to eat the piece of cookie, he was so good and sat in the chair staring at it (but not going for it) probably for at least two hours... although we broke off little pieces to reward him for his good behaviour every once in a while - and eventually we gave him the whole piece that was left!

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great picture! This so reminds me of Maggie -- I would sit in my favorite chair, eating dinner, with feet up on the ottoman with Maggie sitting right next to me on the ottoman. She would watch me eat every bite but would never even incline her head towards my plate.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as the hounds all love food, they are all (well, except Buzz - we're still working on it with him) so good in situations like this. You KNOW they want what is on the plate more than anything in the world, but somehow they manage to control themselves and not go for it. Except sometimes Booker just can't take it any more and loses control - usually for mashed potatoes of all things!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mashed Potatoes? That's funny. This is a very sweet picture, he reminds me of my Gunnar with all the white on his face.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: Beagle MomMashed Potatoes? That's funny. This is a very sweet picture, he reminds me of my Gunnar with all the white on his face.
Speaking about the white on his face, I noticed after I posted the picture that the increase in the amount of white on his face between now and my avatar picture (he is the one in the middle and in much a similar position with his head) is really significant... the avatar picture would have been from about October 2005 because it was shortly after we adopted Popcorn. Where did my young Moosie go?!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Awesome! I hope Winston can learn that kind of restraint!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What a good boy! Two hours?!? Wow, I could maybe get 2 minutes out of mine, but that's about it before somebody would break.

He just looks adorable, too. You can see on his face how badly he wants the cookie, too. Very well trained!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Two minutes?! 30 seconds

Great job, Moosie!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Good boy. Our present two wait until they are given something, but our last beagle was a born thief. Spotty stole a whole camenbert in a French restaurant and we didnt even notice her do it. I knew something was wrong by her bulging face and cross eyed look. Fortunately we had paid, so we dashed out of the restaurant where she spat it out.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel would not look at the morsel, he would look at me until I looked at him. then he would turn and look at the morsel to tell me what he wanted! Once he had established his desire, the reasonable time rule would go into place which means every 7-10 minutes I would have to re-interate ut-uh or a slow, deliberate and open move by the Bagel toward said morsel would begin, to end in discuss if a ut-uh is heard or triumph if a ok is heard!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Gosh I am so impressed. You can take him in a restaurant, where some of the children are not so well behaved. Good for you and great for him! He deserves a cookie for that one!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts